mtbr member

What's everyone think about Jacobsburg?

I'm thinking of going up there.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    We (Valley Mountain Bikers bikevmb.com) do the maintenance and patrols there...its good for beginner/intermediate riders and can be covered in 2 hours at an average pace....not too much technical (unless you count avoiding horse crap a technical trail feature) but be sure to watch your speeds, dismount for horses, and don't ride in the hiker-only areas. Where are you coming from?

mtbr member
    Perkasie. I usually ride at the Wissahickon or Ralph Stover State Park. Both have plusses and minuses. Both are pretty technical so I wouldn't mind if Jacobsburg isn't.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    I would say its worth it from Perkasie- check bikevmb.com we periodically post rides there...also, check w/ Steve at Saucon Valley Bikes- he does Wed. Night rides there as well (610 838 1500)

mtbr member
    What trail would you recommend there? I have a map printed out but some of the reviews in the review section say that many of them are almost like sidewalks. Thanks

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    many (if not most) are like sidewalks- when I go up there, I basically ride the entire set of trails in two loops.....takes about 1.5-2 hours at a relaxed pace

mtbr member
    I got this quote from the trail review page and this is what I was curious about:

"Recommended Route:
    You gotta head away from the main park to fnd the good stuff. Most visitors just ride the main loop of cindered, water barred, lala trails. Find the singletrack across the creek, the hills above, and a helluva good field climb that takes you to Henrys woods for a fun little Downhill.

If you could expand on that it'd be appreciated. Thanks.