Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What Weather?

Gravity's Gone

What Weather?

After changing my mind ten or twelve times about going today I finally decided to head out early this afternoon. I met up with Hickster & Brett (if he has an mtbr handle I don't know what it is) and we had a great ride. Just as we finished it started pouring. Perfect timing.
    What Weather?-asgd.jpg
    What Weather?-cfhg.jpg
    What Weather?-cjfgh.jpg
    What Weather?-cvnb.jpg
    What Weather?-cxv.jpg
    What Weather?-etwrt.jpg
    What Weather?-iy.jpg
    What Weather?-jnlgh.jpg
    What Weather?-jok.jpg
    What Weather?-k%3Bljgh.jpg

Gravity's Gone
    What Weather?-kl.jpg
    What Weather?-lo.jpg
    What Weather?-mnbg.jpg
    What Weather?-mnbv.jpg
    What Weather?-oiuu.jpg
    What Weather?-vcbxh.jpg
    What Weather?-vcjfg.jpg

mtbr member

Squeaked it in....

....nice going....we are pretty soaked up here on the Mountain.....probably....be awhile before any decent riding. You guys have a great start to the year on riding. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Did you ever have ham?
    The Weather Gods must like you guys!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Gravity's Gone
    Hit it again this morning with Wyatt79, Colby & Hickster. Wyatt suffered an immediate mechanical so his day was done early. The trails are in great condition but there's a ton of blowdowns. The parking lot was full as I also spied Naner's and possibly jonzy's (not quite sure) vehicles in the lot. The sickness bros were just pulling in when we left.
    What Weather?-bhgj.jpg
    What Weather?-cvx.jpg
    What Weather?-gh.jpg
    What Weather?-ghj.jpg
    What Weather?-hg.jpg
    What Weather?-iuu.jpg
    What Weather?-jh.jpg
    What Weather?-jk.jpg
    What Weather?-kjjhgv.jpg
    What Weather?-mnbvc.jpg

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    The Gods favor the Brave.

Not the Lazy, like me.

Gravity's Gone
    What Weather?-nmbjgfh.jpg
    What Weather?-nmbv.jpg
    What Weather?-poikj.jpg
    What Weather?-ty.jpg
    What Weather?-vcx.jpg
    What Weather?-wsedfhnm.jpg
    What Weather?-xzbfdc.jpg
    What Weather?-yhg.jpg
    What Weather?-zasdd.jpg

Nice pics. I got out about 11:30 and got soaked. Ran into naner just as he was leaving, and both sickness brothers later on. Was a great ride until I was almost finished and caught my rear deraileaur on a branch. I completely destroyed it, and ended up walking out.

Not sure if you guys rode the Jump trail today. If not, be careful - there's a huge blowdown right after the last stump jump - you can't hit the jump without crashing into it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What Weather?-0391.jpg  

ride more
    Mar 2007
    so easy a caveman could do it

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    hey what tires are on that blue prophet?

edit: rear specifically
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gravity's Gone
    DriveBy - It's a Continental Mountain King

Jonzy - Sorry to hear about your rear d. It's that time of year. Yes we found that blowdown on the jump trail yesterday when I almost did a head on into it. Here's a picture of Bob warning everybody about it:
    What Weather?-100_0706.jpg

Blue Pig
    I see nothing wrong...
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

The White Jeff W
    Does everybody out there ride Cannondale?

I'm jealous. Our snow just melted a couple days ago and now it's been raining since Friday. Next weekend, though, game on!

IdontShootPeopleAnyMore
    Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    DriveBy - It's a Continental Mountain King
    sweet thats what i thought, what size? im lookin to get some and wanted to know if the 2.4's could clear the rear
    What mountain bike forum do pirates use? .....

MTB-arrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffw-13
    Does everybody out there ride Cannondale?
    Yep. If you don't have a Prophet, Perp or Gemini then you can't come with us.

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by DriveByBikeShooting
    sweet thats what i thought, what size? im lookin to get some and wanted to know if the 2.4's could clear the rear
    It is a 2.4. It fits easy. As a matter of fact it fits better than the Kenda Nevegal 2.35 that I usually run.

The White Jeff W
    I run 2.4 MK Supersonics on my Yeti. Love 'em.

Blue Pig
    I don't want to be an ass but why those pricey models for the type of riding you guys do? or did you guys buy them used? NEPMTBA and Moto ride HT's that get the job done for the trails they ride and they ride the same ones you guys ride most of the time if not all the time.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    You know I was looking at all the pics and was wondering the same thing myself....You all do have Cannondales!! I have a Trek, can I come play? Luckily I got out after all the snow melted and before all this rain came! I'm laid off now for a little while and I got to ride Mt. Gretna last Thursday with another laid off fellow. It was pretty awesome to be on some dry and snow free trails for the first time in a month. Especially those as treacherous and technical as those there!!! We had a blast. I don't think its going to rain too much more in my area and by Tuesday or Wednesday I should be able to get back out and ride again!!! Night ride planned for Wed night!!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Man, you think the Perps and Gemeni's are expensive? You gotta browse the net a bit, there's way more s'pensive hardware out there.

I've both a FS and a rigid bike (alas, it has gears, i'm not enough the man to ride a singlespeed) and ride either on pretty much any trail. They're different experiences, facilitate different ways of attacking the trail, definitely have their "native" areas too. I'm spoiled, and I know it.

Victim of Saddle Rage
    Those trails look really rideable. I figured with the snow melt and rain only the mud wrestlers would be out. Actually seen a lot worse last June. Where are you guys riding in those pics?
    " the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us." C&H

mtbr member
    Jan 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkerkonadawgdeluxepaul
    You know I was looking at all the pics and was wondering the same thing myself....You all do have Cannondales!! I have a Trek, can I come play? Luckily I got out after all the snow melted and before all this rain came! I'm laid off now for a little while and I got to ride Mt. Gretna last Thursday with another laid off fellow. It was pretty awesome to be on some dry and snow free trails for the first time in a month. Especially those as treacherous and technical as those there!!! We had a blast. I don't think its going to rain too much more in my area and by Tuesday or Wednesday I should be able to get back out and ride again!!! Night ride planned for Wed night!!!
    I was talking about Jeffw-13's comment here.

Quote Originally Posted by cannonballtrail
    Those trails look really rideable. I figured with the snow melt and rain only the mud wrestlers would be out. Actually seen a lot worse last June. Where are you guys riding in those pics?
    Geisinger Trails in Danville.

You have to keep in mind that there are few flat trails at Geisinger - either heart attack climbs or white knuckle descents...also helps with the drainage.

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Man, you think the Perps and Gemeni's are expensive? You gotta browse the net a bit, there's way more s'pensive hardware out there.

I've both a FS and a rigid bike (alas, it has gears, i'm not enough the man to ride a singlespeed) and ride either on pretty much any trail. They're different experiences, facilitate different ways of attacking the trail, definitely have their "native" areas too. I'm spoiled, and I know it.
    I know there are more expensive models... but I also know there are not so expensive models that get the job done for those types of rides you guys do. I'm not trying to control your spending's but was just curious.

Quote Originally Posted by Blksocks
    I know there are more expensive models... but I also know there are not so expensive models that get the job done for those types of rides you guys do. I'm not trying to control your spending's but was just curious.
    Interesting, maybe you could elaborate on the types of rides that we do.......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast