banned

What is With This Place?

Seriously.

Can't feel my legs
    Quote Originally Posted by nepatroll
    Seriously.

ganginwood
    paging nepmtba.......

nepmtba to the white courtesy phone please.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    trolling?

( sorry, couldn't resist )

Gravity's Gone
    I agree. Methinks I smells a troll.

banned
    The name doesn't imply the means. Troll is part of my last name.

I think it was a pretty legit question. I took a few minutes to look down the page. 30 out of 50 posts were by the same people, touching on the same things. Just a little strange, that's all. Apparently by the response, I'm the oddball here. Carry on.

my church is the woods
    ohh, you probably were fooled by the title into thinking that this forum covered ALL of PA....

silly troll....do you see now that this is the NEPMTBA forum..!!..??......

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I don't know?
    I'm too busy having fun RIDING to notice!

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    The name doesn't imply the means. Troll is part of my last name.

I think it was a pretty legit question. I took a few minutes to look down the page. 30 out of 50 posts were by the same people, touching on the same things. Just a little strange, that's all. Apparently by the response, I'm the oddball here. Carry on.

Don't take offense, I agree.

Did you ever have ham?

What is With This Place...My Version

Seriously.
    NEPATROLL, here is my point of view. I have a great friend who introduced me to this sport early this summer and I got my first bike shortly thereafter. Being involved with mountain biking and building/maintaining trails has helped me get stronger, lose weight, and quit smoking! To me, that is very exciting! Being a part of a group that builds and maintains trails that anyone can use and enjoy that is very exciting, too. I feel very passionate about this sport and all the great people I have met because of it. Do I get carried away? Yes, I probably do sometimes! Will I change or cut back on my posts? Absolutely Not! If anyone has a problem with that...I am sorry you feel that way, but please refer to my signature line!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    nepatroll,

it was too easy a pun for me to miss. i'm not trying to be antagonistic.

nepawhatsitcallshimselv has a lot of enthusiasm to share, and moto has picked up on that and has his own, and i'm all in belief that if people want to say something to share their Passions they should.

The fact that more people visiting this particular corner of the forums are more reserved and not sharing of their passions, well, that means they're just not sharing their passions. It's no big deal. Nobody is required to.

Other people post up semi-regularly, just not as frequently. I'm on-and-off. JeffSkisMontana is. Larry Fahn has great stuff to say. Nankerwhatshishane comes to mind too. I'm slowly learning more of the locals too, but there's many more good people on this area than I'm remembering, many more than I'm knowing, for sure.

mtbr member
    Try email

Or nepmtbas Shout box

We'll do the thinking for you two.

Did you ever have ham?

What is With This Place?

Not to sound like a smart-a$*, but why can't we all just get along. Everybody on this board obviously loves mountain biking so why can't we just all shut up and ride? That is what I am going to do....I am sick and tired of people shooting off their mouths because I like to talk about what I feel passionate about!!! NUF SAID!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by motoman465; 11-23-2009 at 02:42 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

No good

[SIZE="5"]Another useless thread............[/SIZE]

[SIZE="7"]"RIDE"[/SIZE]

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn
    Try email

Or nepmtbas Shout box

We'll do the thinking for you two.
    Rob:

Thanks for the advice!
    I "THINK" I will stick to posting in MTBR and speaking directly to you in person!

Gravity's Gone
    My posts are purely narcissistic: I like to see my face and words on the interweb.

Did you ever have ham?

What is With This Place?

Quote Originally Posted by nankerphelge
    My posts are purely narcissistic: I like to see my face and words on the interweb.
    Al Gore did not have your narcissistic tendencies in mind when he created the internet!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    Al Gore did not have your narcissistic tendencies in mind when he created the internet!
    Al Gore lied....

"INTERNET"... Ya,,,,, My idea!

LMAO

NEPMTBA
    RIDE

banned
    I've lived in 6 states over the last 15 years because of work. This is the only forum that exists to this capacity that caters to a select few. I don't speak for anyone else, but I can't imagine this not driving everyone nuts.

NEPMTBA, there's 2 threads on here about motorcycles and another that has to do with some cat abhorrently photo-shopped into pictures. It appears these aforementioned threads are based around you and 2 other guys. I find it sort of ironic that you are going say..."another useless thread" when it seems you are the epitome of useless information. Not for nothing.....but I noticed all this in just 1 week of being a PA resident. Which is why I posted..."What is With This Place?" If you feel I'm embelishing the facts.....here's a challenge. Lurk the other forums and find something similar to this environment. I dare you.

mtbr member
    NEPMTBA, there's 2 threads on here about motorcycles and another that has to do with some cat abhorrently photo-shopped into pictures. It appears these aforementioned threads are based around you and 2 other guys. I find it sort of ironic that you are going say..."another useless thread" when it seems you are the epitome of useless information. Not for nothing.....but I noticed all this in just 1 week of being a PA resident. Which is why I posted..."What is With This Place?" If you feel I'm embelishing the facts.....here's a challenge. Lurk the other forums and find something similar to this environment. I dare you.
    BINGO! FTW!

Motoman, It's great that you found a passion for the sport we too love. We want to hear about your first trip to Merli and how that hill sucked. We want to hear about the time when you were riding and you were in the zone. Gathering info on Wissahickon to make a day trip. Pics of you riding Raystown. The time you cleared that damn hill. Your experience of your first drop. A bad crash that you walked away from... That's what a mtn biking forum is about. You'll meet a lot of us along the way and have a ton of friends to share your riding stories with! Maybe you'll come up Hubbard on a Thursnight and meet 60+ riders of all abilities and get some advice from others. You can find motivation when your with a group of riders that share similar stories... Food and beer, too. But, the "new topic" button in a statewide forum shouldn't be used for inside jokes or things that you can simply handle in an email or phone call to Lee. It's that specific that it's between you and Lee and sometimes 1-2 others. Lee said he has a shout box on his website. Can you guys post the stuff that "we" aren't going to have any interest in or understand, on that site or an email? Please? Don't take what I'm saying as a me-versus-you or us-versus-you. Lets ride and talk about riding. We will eventually meet.

Over a million people view this site per month. If you thought of going to Fruita, Durango or Moab and went to the appropriate forum and read SPAM and advertisements all over the place, would consider going back to that forum? Of course not. The thing is, NEPA is becoming a destination that people come to ride. We have Prompton, Merli, Moosic and Lackawanna State Park all within 20 minutes. Not to mention Francis Slocum, 7 Tubs, and Moon Lake within 30 minutes. I see people from Ny at Moosic almost every time I'm up there working or riding. Binghamton, Syracuse, White Mills. Jersey, Philly and DC. These guys didn't need 20 threads daily to remind them of Moosic. Just a little reminder of updates... Like a new trail or a get together.

Lee, nepmatb, What can I say? Once or twice a year Mr. Hyde comes out. Considering Lee wants to advertise his work, which is great, I find it more of a reason to not go there again because of the 15 new topics started about the place every day. Instead of "New Topic" try "Reply" to an already open thread. I feel like someone will be trolling me on the trails with a rake or something. Anyone else feel that way?

NEPA Troll, Where are you living? Send me a PM and I'll give you the most useful info on Northeast PA.

ttyl, Fahn

ride more
    Mar 2007
    Anybody can post pics and ride reports. If you wanna post (like you did) you can. Some people are a little over the top with their posting enthusiasm, that doesn't make them bad people. You don't have to read anything you don't want to. As far as the posting of pics of rides, I think it's a good way to get a feel for a place before driving somewhere with the wrong bike or unrealistic expectations. I wish I would have read something or looked at some pics of Francis Slocum for example before wasting my time. If people annoy you there is an ignore feature here, use it.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

... and if we just ...

Rob & troll:

nepmtba@yahoo.com or in person

Have a Happy Thanksgiving Holiday...

NEPMTBA
    BRAAAPPPP...

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Guess they can't make the connection between moto and mtb?Rob,thanks for straightening out what forums are for.Would have never known with out you. Troll are you workihg at the Tobyhanna Army Depot?

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer
    Guess they can't make the connection between moto and mtb?Rob,thanks for straightening out what forums are for.Would have never known with out you. Troll are you workihg at the Tobyhanna Army Depot?
    Obviously it needs explaining. Hopefully we helped you understand. Yours truly, Fahn

banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mxer
    Guess they can't make the connection between moto and mtb?
    Why? Do they talk about mountain biking over in the motocross forum?
    Although, I once posted a stroller topic in a car and driver thread. The similarities were analogous.

4 wheels.
    You have to steer it.
    Both have passengers

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast