mtbr member
    Sep 2005

What are the odds?

Went out on my local trail last Sat. Cranked out a 9 mile ride. Got back to to the car and noticed my pack zipper was open about 6 inches. Went to pull out my glasses and wallet from the pack but they were nowhere to be found. I conceded that they were lost forever. Decided to retrace my route the following morning. I had to a least give it try. Low and behold, I found both items about 4 miles apart. Lucky lucky me.

Gravity's Gone
    Good for you. I once had to retrace a ride for my cell phone and successfully recovered it. I have also gone back numerous times for sunglasses - some successfully, some not so much.

mtbr member
    Jan 2008

... and if we just ...

Wow man, great recovery! If it had been me I don't think I would have been so lucky! I did leave a pair of good fox gloves on my trunk when I left White Clay, once! I find a lot of things on the trail that belong to other people! I'm glad you found them, loosing your wallet really sucks! Its funny, I was just thinking yesterday, about how its been a while since I've lost my wallet and how much that would suck and how I really keep a watchful eye over it so I don't loose it! When I ride I always ask someone if my pack is closed and if I'm by myself I always find myself getting ready to start pedaling and I have to stop, get my pack off my back and check to see if I have all the zippers closed!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Oh man I hate that feeling of loss that ya get when you misplace something. Looks like your on a roll play the lottery soon!

Nice ending to a story.