mtbr member
    Apr 2006

What LBS is best liked near Wilkes-Barre

I am looking to take my bike to get it "tuned up" after about 10 years hung in the garage. Looking to get back out on the trails again for a little exercise.

I have an old Trek 9500 with god know what components on it (all from 1992-93ish)

What LBS do you guys favor around here?

Thanks in advance.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    The shop in downtown Wilkes-Barre has excellent service. Right off the square.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Frank:

Is it ok for me to promote my Shop!

Proformance Cycle

I do a lot of restorations at fair prices! I don't mind at all working on the older bikes, in fact it is really cool to see older stuff still being used. New bikes are great, but the old stuff still works and has many memories. I still tool around on my 1984 Cannondale SM 700, and my 1974 Schwinn Super Sport, among other timeless wonders. Where are you located at? I'm in Wyoming. I can get the old girl up and running for you if you like.

Not to step on anyones toes. I was second to post! Around Town Bikes in WB are great guys. Tom or Rich! Very nice shop! Excellent service!

Thanks for the post!

LC
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Sorry meant to post to Bear Jack!
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Blowing my own horn here...try Plains Bike in Plains, while u wait service or same day service, factory trained Schwinn, BTI, Sutherlands Mechanics. We're small but we're big on service. Plainsbike@epix.net

mtbr member

Good job! Around Town Bikes.............

off the square in Wilkes Barre. I have had very good experiences there for both repair as well as buying new or used bikes. In addition, both owners are avid cyclists.....have Mtn. Biked with them several times. They sponsor a road ride every Saturday at 8am out of their shop also.
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........