my church is the woods

This is what I do during the winter (ride photos)

These are some pics I’ve taken over the past few weekend rides. It’s been incredible the past 2 weeks, since the V-day snow and ice storm, being able to ride atop the crusted white surface. It brings a whole new level of fun to the normal old spots and trails. The riding I’ve done had been well worth the backbreaking shoveling and other nuisances the storm left behind. Hope you all got out and had some fun too!

That’s me on the 29er SS Mary

Darin trying to stay on the bridge

Me taking flight

Ron and Brian at the open pit overlook

Jim, power slide on the ice

Ron and Darin powering up the climb

Andrew shoots the ice plunge

Phil, Jim and John overlooking the lepnin valley

The big cornhole open pit
    Last edited by moonraker; 02-26-2007 at 08:18 AM.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    NIce Pics and lot's of Talent there!

I like the bridge, where is that at if you don't mind me asking?

Funny how those open mine pits never freeze!
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

my church is the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by Proformance Cycle
    NIce Pics and lot's of Talent there!

I like the bridge, where is that at if you don't mind me asking?

Funny how those open mine pits never freeze!
    They were all from around the Cornwall area which is Lancaster/Lebanon county line area of little mountains. The horseshoe trail runs thru here and connects some nice spots from Mt. Gretna to pumping station/ Camp Mack, to Middle Creek wildlife area.

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by moonraker
    These are some pics Iíve taken over the past few weekend rides. Itís been incredible the past 2 weeks, since the V-day snow and ice storm, being able to ride atop the crusted white surface. It brings a whole new level of fun to the normal old spots and trails. The riding Iíve done had been well worth the backbreaking shoveling and other nuisances the storm left behind. Hope you all got out and had some fun too!
    The crusty snow here in Bloomsburg has gotten just weak enough that tire treads dig in and grip like crazy, even in places where it is so slippery that I can barely walk (and my dog for that matter). I was blasting around my yard for over an hour yesterday because I just couldn't believe the feel-it was surreal! I have been needing a ride real bad, so I was glad I gave it a try! The only problem was riding through footprints-they were bumpy-everything else was smooth.

Just one more bit of proof that a MTB can (and should) end up taking me to all kinds of crazy places!

locked - time out
    Feb 2007
    They were all from around the Cornwall area which is Lancaster/Lebanon county line area of little mountains. The horseshoe trail runs thru here and connects some nice spots from Mt. Gretna to pumping station/ Camp Mack, to Middle Creek wildlife area.

Thought that stuff looked familar. Just been riding my snowboard on all the trails instead.

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    You have a PM!
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Yates... Bloomsburg... I was born there and grew up in good ol millville... wasn't into mtb'ing then. Where do you ride around there?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Im interested too- the outlaws live in Berwick and Im always looking to get out

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by xxxdirtdevilxxx
    Yates... Bloomsburg... I was born there and grew up in good ol millville... wasn't into mtb'ing then. Where do you ride around there?
    We have been riding more behind Geisinger, there are lots of great trails there. Behind Bloomsburg Hospital there is a nice little spot, but I mean little. I have hear that the Mainville State Game Lands is a good place, but I went there once and it was all VERY rocky-a little much for the hardtail. If anyone knows any nicer trails out that way, I'd be interested... I've also heard that Roaring Creek is good-I think it is PPL land that has been opened for recreational use. Sometimes we just tool around town/campus. There's this one other place we ride, but it is private property, so I'm not comfortable with giving out any details over the forum.

I think I'll be riding (or trying to ride) at Geisinger tomorrow (sunday) afternoon, depending on how much snow is still lingering. Burgundy 4Runner, silver/black hardrock, white skatepark helmet, and probably my german shepherd.

Jamie