W.M.A.

Wendnesday Ride - 6-28 - Marsh Creek?

For those of you that don’t know already, I am a big fan of Loweriders in Downingtown… they are my LBS as well as my LSBS (snowboard)… andy is a great guy (doug too) and has gone over the top in taking care of me… so we got to talking today about some group rides and came up with this – Wednesday rides… meet 6pm at Loweriders (location below) – free air, last minute adjustments and what not (no full tune ups) plus 10% discount on ride night! Get your energy gels, new jersey, gloves and the like… there are always some cold refreshments in the d-town skate park fundraising fridge too… from there we can ride to either marsh creek for head down 322 to the trails down there… andy or doug will probably join in the ride as well.

Never been to Loweriders? Here’s where it is… it’s in the “Mini Mall” across the hall from Bakers of Buffington on rt 30.. Mini Mall is just east of 322 basically across from firehouse and dane décor. There is a huge parking lot BEHIND Loweriders in the milltown shopping center. (Wallace ave and Mill rd). – park there.

See map here… http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=aN.qp1..._Loweriders___ (if you don’t see image – zoom out)

This Wednesday looks good for me so far… fingers crossed for some decent weather!

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Awesome, I should be there.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm in

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    I'd like to, but I don't think I'll have the time with moving this week. Have fun though! I'll watch for next week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Should I bring a canoe or my bike?

W.M.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by BShow
    Should I bring a canoe or my bike?

hell - im goin full on SCUBA! your crazy to go in a canoe! there were cat 5 rapids on rt 30!

W.M.A.
    weather. com says this for tomorrow..

Showers ending in the morning with some clearing in the afternoon. High 84F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 60%. Rainfall near a quarter of an inch.

think it will dry up enough to ride?

mtbr member
    According to action news this morning we are suppsed to get heavy rains again tonight....2-3" possible. Its going to be a mud bog out there. Then again..im not sure how well marsh drains.

I hear as many different forcasts as there are station so who knows!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Just strap on a couple pontoons and you should be good to go.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Marsh creek is almost all hills. There are very few flat or low spots, so Im sure that most of it drains pretty well. Im all for riding out the bike path to check it out, but if its too sloppy, we really shouldn't ride the trails.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    just thought of something...are we going to be able to GET to marsh creek? THe brandywine river is quite flooded.

Hoopy Frood
    I think it's going to be a mess. The ground is already totally saturated and it's supposed to rain more overnight and tomorrow morning.

I'm going to go for a road ride instead of mountain biking tomorrow evening. I'll be back on the trails this weekend.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

W.M.A.
    this is exactly the reason why i need to get a road bike!!!

the ride is "offically" off - BUT i think i may venture over to marsh creek anyway to check it out... maybe ill get lucky and the afternoon sun and wind will magically have dried it out by 6pm...

i do think that andy is planning on the ride for next week - but i will be out of town.

i will have access to mtbr so is no one else posts - i will and will be in touch with andy too.

looking forward to july 19th for a group ride!

whose got plans for the weekend - road trip anyone?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    This weekend I have a wedding that ties up Saturday through Sunday morning for me. I'd like to get to Fair Hill either this weekend or next weekend to preview the race course for the July 16th. This will be my first official MTB race. If anybody is interested in going to Fair Hill, maybe we can work something out for sunday afternoon or monday.

I'm also going to try to be at all of the wednesday night rides from Loweriders, so there should always be at least one(weather permitting).

mtbr member
    im heading up to killington and stratton to sit on the slopes and wish i had snow to snowboar on! lol...maybe i will rent i full DH rig and bomb the mountain and try to live and tell about it!! wish me luck