Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Wednsday Night Ride @ Loweriders

Is anybody else meeting at Loweriders this Wednesday? Sandra and I will be there. We'll be heading out the struble into Marsh Creek around 6:00pm. Hopefully things cool off a bit for the ride.

W.M.A.
    im in!

Freshly Fujified

I might be interested.

Where do you meet at Marsh Creek?
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

W.M.A.
    we actually meet at Loweriders in Downingtown - a couple miles from the park, then ride the bike path to the park...

Never been to Loweriders? Here’s where it is… it’s in the “Mini Mall” across the hall from Bakers of Buffington on rt 30.. Mini Mall is just east of 322 basically across from firehouse and dane décor. There is a huge parking lot BEHIND Loweriders in the milltown shopping center. (Wallace ave and Mill rd). – park there.

See map here… http://local.live.com/?v=2&sp=yp.YA8266247 (if you don’t see image – zoom out)

let me know if you need more info!

Freshly Fujified

Gotcha

Been to Lowriders, and actually bought a few things there for my son's BMX build. If it's in riding distance to the park, that works for me. Never been to Marsh Creek except to go fishing. If I go, I'll be bringing an XC oriented hardtail. How technical is the terrain?
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

W.M.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    Been to Lowriders, and actually bought a few things there for my son's BMX build. If it's in riding distance to the park, that works for me. Never been to Marsh Creek except to go fishing. If I go, I'll be bringing an XC oriented hardtail. How technical is the terrain?
    you should be fine on a xc HT... i ride xc FS - many guys on HT and rigid singlespeeds too. it is not overly technical (a la french creek) but more so than say white clay...

Freshly Fujified

Sounds good

Quote Originally Posted by shadowflag
    you should be fine on a xc HT... i ride xc FS - many guys on HT and rigid singlespeeds too. it is not overly technical (a la french creek) but more so than say white clay...

I'd be riding f/stoo, but my fork's in the shop. I'm planning on being there unless the weather is too brutal. Hopefully we'll have a break by Wednesday.

Bob

Hoopy Frood
    I'm going to try and make it as well. I'll meet you guys at the park. I'll probably get there at 5:00 or so and do a couple of solo loops before meeting up with you.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Its not all that technical, you'll be fine. I ride a hardtail and have no problems. Loweriders is a 3.5 mile warmup away from Marsh Creek via the struble trail bike path(paved).

khill, we'll be coming into marsh creek over by the dam around 6:30

Freshly Fujified

We still on?

Weather.com says isolated thunderstorms tomorrow (30% throughout the day until 6PM) followed by cloudy in the evening. Temps hover around 80 all day. Tonight's torrential downpours had to have some effect on the trails, too. Can anyone give a heads up to the likelihood the trails will be ridable?

Please advise, as I'm out the door with my bike at 7 AM.

Bob

W.M.A.
    hey bob - hope i caught you in time...

bill and i rode 2 weeks ago after similar storms and the trails were definitly ridable - a few trees down but managable...

i would have gotten back to you sooner - but no power at home - had to wait til i got to the office!

hope to see you there!

todd

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Wish I could make it, still haven't got any of the bike maintenance done that I need to before I can ride again. Been too busy unpacking and such but all that's done now so hopefully I can get it together by the weekend.

Freshly Fujified

I'll be there

I'm actually still at home. No power at work. I'm to check back in at noon. I'll load the bike before I go to work. See you around 6 at Lowriders.

Bob

Hoopy Frood

Not sure if I'll make it

Still no power at home. Seems like most of West Chester is knocked out.

If the power doesn't come back on, I may not make it. Depends on what the rest of the family is doing.

I guess you'll see me at the dam at 6:30 if I can go, otherwise I'll catch up with you next week.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

W.M.A.
    most of chester county is out... i was just in lionville - a lot out there - my place in exton is out... my ex's house in eagle is out... my office in coatesville, suprisingly is up (but we are adjacent to a peco building)...

peco is saying that of the 253000 people in the county without power - many may not be up til the weekend... nice - im jsut glad im not on a well - a cold shower is better than NO shower...

its been over a week since ive ridden and 2 weeks since ive ridden out here - im riding no matter what!

Freshly Fujified

Exceuse, excuses....

Quote Originally Posted by le0p
    Wish I could make it, still haven't got any of the bike maintenance done that I need to before I can ride again. Been too busy unpacking and such but all that's done now so hopefully I can get it together by the weekend.
    How long are you gonna use the "I just moved and I'm still unpacking" excuse? I moved at the end of June and was up and running in three days.

Hope all is well with you. look forward to riding again. I'm in Paoli now. Where did you move to?

Bob

W.M.A.
    fyi - i just spoke to andy at loweriders... although they do not have power at the shop - the ride is still on and he is going as well... see you all there!

mtbr member
    Apr 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Call_me_Clyde
    How long are you gonna use the "I just moved and I'm still unpacking" excuse? I moved at the end of June and was up and running in three days.

Hope all is well with you. look forward to riding again. I'm in Paoli now. Where did you move to?

Bob
    Hey! I moved July 1st, but into a friends house and had about 99% of my things in storage. I just moved on Sunday into my apartment and finished unpacking yesterday. I'm in Douglassville now, quite the change. I'm playing hockey 5-6 days a week now, so getting time to ride is tough, but Wednesdays are actually pretty good for me, I just couldn't get it together this week.

mtbr member
    i just got off the phone with my friend who owns a business in eagle where i live and they told him sunday afternoon is when the power is scheduled to go back on. Crews are coming in from chicago to help or something.I would love to go riding tonight but we are taking over the community pool/grill and hooking up genarators to save some meat in the freezers in the neighborhood. Have fun guys..im jealous. If anyone wants to have a black out party we will be at clarmount pool in eagle view! lol

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I'm not sure that I'll be able to make it either. Didn't make it into work until 10:30 this am and I left a bit early yesterday. Hopefully next week!

Hoopy Frood
    My house has power again so I might be there. Seems like most of West Chester is back online.

I have a flat tire on the 1x1 so I'll probably be riding gears if I show up. With any luck, I'll see you at the dam at 6:30. I hear there's a lot of branches and trees down in the park so it might be a good idea to bring a folding saw if you have one.

If I'm not there at 6:30, don't wait for me. I might just go for a road ride instead if time is short.

Freshly Fujified

Thanks folks!

For those who made it out tonight, it was nice getting to meet you all. Thanks for dealing with my pace, and sorry I hyad to bail (This seems to be a common theme for me...). Definitely proof positive that I need to get my act together and do some work on the paved paths and fire roads to build up strength and endurance.

Looking forward to doing it again in the future.

Bob

W.M.A.
    This Wednesday - July 26th...

Meet at loweriders 6pm - probably head down 322 - marsh creek is not rideable - unless the side by the boat ramp somehow, miraculously did not get hammered by the storm... if anyone has been there – please post an update on conditions…

Who’s in

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Im in as usual. Im thinking that just about anyplace that we could ride, is going to have major tree/trail damage. I rode some of the trails at Valley Forge tonight, and there were quite a few trees down on my usual loops. I'd suggest a road ride, but I dont have a useable road bike and I dont really like the roads anyway.

W.M.A.
    guys have said that the stuff near sonoco is not too bad...

plus i dont have a road bike either...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast