Did you ever have ham?

Wednesday Night Moon Ride

Hey everyone...guess what day it is? Yes, it's Wednesday and that means time to ride the mOOn!!! With the trails recently being cleared of debris and leaves, the riding will be awesome! According to Crazy Joe Snedeker the high today should be around 47-48 so don't forget to bundle up a little bit and bring your lights, too! C'mon out for a great ride with great friends at a great park....you'll have a, you guessed it, a GREAT time!

You've ridden the rest, now ride the best...mOOn Lake Park

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Woo Hoo!

Da mOOn!

I get to try the new camera! Gotta get lot's of pics.

Did you ever have ham?

Wednesday Night Moon Ride!

Better get psyched and don't get scared! It's time for the craziness that is the mOOn!!!!

Chilling out
    I'm still looking for thermals.

I'm hoping my light is charged, not sure when I had it on the wall wart last.

Well, at least I can carry Anti Freeze to consume during the ride.

Did you ever have ham?

Just make sure it is the Dex-Cool antifreeze, that will only make you sick, the green stuff will kill ya! Then the crows be pickin' at your flesh and you got no control over the situeation!!! LOL!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

To all:

Thanks to all who rode the mOOn tonight! Joan, Loren, Jake, Big Daddy, Canadian Chuck, Texas Ted, Buddy & Daphnie. Also thank you for all the Thank yous you gave us for the trail work we did in the past 2 weekends! We are proud to do it cause we know you love riding the mOOn! It was great to see Joe Wychock and John Ayre riding tonight. Sorry I didn't get your friends names but nice to see them also! Hope you enjoyed your ride as much as our group did! Workday Sunday at mOOn will none the less provide even more improvements along with a special announcement that involves the park staff and crew working side by side witrh NEPMTBA on a special project! Nick & Shane nice to meet you and we're glad your at the mOOn!

NEPMTBA
    BUILDING TRAILS AT WARP 7

Did you ever have ham?
    "BUILDING TRAILS AT WARP 7"

Too bad I ride at 1/4 impulse!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by motoman465
    "BUILDING TRAILS AT WARP 7"

Too bad I ride at 1/4 impulse!
    I think not you were on e the gas last night!

Chilling out
    He obviously needs new dilithium crystals.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    I think he was having "Trouble with Tribbles" before the ride!... LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wednesday Night Moon Ride-tribbles.jpg  

Chilling out
    at least tribbles don't bite.

Did you ever have ham?

Aye, ya cannot change the laws of physics or psychos!

Did you ever have ham?
    My dilithium crystals are just like me....CRACKED!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

To all:

Wednesday night ride @ mOOn tonight, The weather is still really great for riding, 6 PM, main gate, Trails are all clean & dry on the park side of the mountain, prolly check out the flow on the old... now... LOL new multi use trail riding down from the water tank. Should be a DH hoot! Thanks Duct Tape for the great work, "Stone Steps" gone bye bye. Those steps were "posing" as they were really made of "wood" and will show up somewhere else on a trail near you. We will miss you! RIP.

Everyone invited to join the fun at the mOOn.

NEPMTBA
    SPONSORED BY MOON MIST
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wednesday Night Moon Ride-dsc01151.jpg  

Did you ever have ham?

The forecast for tomorrow is calling for a high of 55 and a low of 36 with continued fun and widespread smiles at the mOOn. Bring your lights, appropriate gear, your sense of fun, adventure, and humor. You will NOT be disappointed! Hope to see you at the mOOn!!!

Chilling out
    Isn't today Tuesday?

Did you ever have ham?
    Yup, it's Tuesday! Just wanting to give advanced notice for EVERYBODY! Are you able to make it tomorrow, Bear?

Chilling out
    it's the intention.

Did you ever have ham?

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, children of all ages! It's Wednesday so let's get ready to rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrride!!! Tonight at 6 pm experience the thrills and chills that are the mOOn! Experience the manicured trails as your senses come alive with every turn, bump, and creature that goes thump in the night!

As an added bonus, after the ride experience the camaraderie of great friends and share in all the good fun and laughter…but hurry up, because we can’t do this all day!

Chilling out
    and if that doesn't help, i'll have MacAllen scotch whisky with me.

Did you ever have ham?

Wow, what a phenomenal night at the mOOn! I have to thank everyone that was there and made it so incredible! Lee, Chriffer, Bear, Joan, Canadian Chuck, Bill, Mike, and we can't forget Buddy and Daphne! When we first got there we were greeted by Leah and Jessica and at the end of the ride we caught up with Gary(yes, from Chinese Downhill fame). What great people!
    It was a great night, you wouldn't believe the view of all the stars...I even saw a shooting star! I am still trying to get used to night riding, if you have never done it...you need to! It is such a totally different riding experience. I just can't believe what I am able to do with my 350lb, out of shape body. All I can say is I am SO glad that I quit smoking.
    I have to thank everyone that has helped me, and the list is pretty long! Thank you just doesn't express how grateful I am, but thank you!
    I am so looking forward to our next ride and I am hoping that I can meet some more awesome people like Gary, Leah, and Jessica!
    Last edited by motoman465; 11-18-2009 at 08:53 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

With more great weather...

...everyone on the ride had fun, smiles were everywhere! With all the non riding, nonsense this week it was proof that nothing stops the fun at mOOn.

Thanks to all who enjoyed the ride, it was great to hear the "Boatgirl" story from Jessica and Leah. I think they are onto a new sport: Biking and Bass boat duathalon.

One of the greatest things about last night is the fact Big Daddy Todd stepped to the next level. If you don't know him he is the nicest guy you'll ever meet! Yes, he's the big man and like he says at 350 we have all seen he has the heart to match and the power to rip chains clean off a bike. He has dealt with quitting smoking, loosing weight, and adjusting to all the rigors of mt biking, In the past he has ridden as far as he could,. but last night he rode, "WITH ALL OF US" He gained the strength to do so and it wasn't easy. My hats off to you my friend as you too never looked back in any of this!

The end of the ride was the usual "everyone talking shop". Ted ,Chris(Murph) and I had the computer rap going and I was just listening to two great Computer guys(I won't say GEEKS)... LOL Gary and Todd had a powerbar and I know Todd was hungry after that output of power! Everyone else arrived safe! Of course Buddy and Daphnie were still ripping around Ah, to be a DOG!

So next Wednesday everyone?

NEPMTBA
    COME RIDE THE FUN
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Chilling out
    Todd, I've confirmed that Wegman's has White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cliff bars in stock, just FYI.

Did you ever have ham?

Quote Originally Posted by bear
    Todd, I've confirmed that Wegman's has White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cliff bars in stock, just FYI.

I am going to Wegman's to buy and try one. If I like them, I am going to buy $500 worth and go on an all Clif Bar diet! LMAO!

Thanks for confirming that, Ted. Uncle Ted is da bess! Uncle Ted is da bess!

mtbr member
    May 2006
    Moto,you sould be doing the announcing at the sx races.Lol Great job on not smoking and on riding you bike.Keep up the good work.

Did you ever have ham?
    I guess you could say I was "On The Pipe" last night!

Did you ever have ham?
    I don't know why the SX promoters don't save some money by firing the announcers. You can't hear them over those dang 4 jokes!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Yes, there is a mOOn ride tonight...

...and just the start of an almost week long ride series.

So, tonight, mOOn, tomorrow mOOn with special guests Karen & Bob.... different place on Friday to be announced, Saturday Moosic Mt with our out of state visitor Crawfishy enjoying our trails with us and by Sunday we will have another ride!

All invited
    Beware there will be lot's of FUN

NEPMTBA
    WE'RE ALL ABOUT RIDING .

Did you ever have ham?

Yup, ride the mOOn...don't forget the lights because monkeys can't see in the dark!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wednesday Night Moon Ride-charging.jpg  

Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPMTBA
    ...special guests Karen & Bob.... .

oooooooooooo i feel so special or were you trying to say we're slow enjoy your wednesday ride - see you tomorrow

Did you ever have ham?

Wed Night Moon Ride

When people use Moon Lake and Slow in the same sentence they are usually talking about me....or the three-toed sloth! LOL!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by redheadrider
    oooooooooooo i feel so special or were you trying to say we're slow enjoy your wednesday ride - see you tomorrow
    Karen:

No speed limit at mOOn go as fast as you want as long as you don't miss the FUN!

Have Bob do the anti bad weather dance!

Did you ever have ham?

... and if we just ... Wednesday Night Moon Ride

Wow, what a fantastic ride tonight! I was worried as it was raining earlier in the afternoon, but nothing could dampen my enthusiasm! Just as I was getting ready to leave the rain started to taper off and then stop. Good deal! I don't mind riding in the rain, but I would prefer dry weather when it is cool like this. I must admit that night riding is a special skill that I still need practice with, but I am getting better everytime I go out. Thanks to Loren, Jake, and Lee for making it such a wonderful evening! Lots of good riding and great laughs! Can't wait to do it again!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

To all:

Turned out to be a really nice night and ride! The trails were dampened a bit, but we all got in and out safe! Motoman465 your skills have improved once again, I think it's the Hucking Kitty in your pocket... LOL

Deacon trail in the dark, even with reflective markers lived up to it's namesake being a difficult one! Loren & Jake nice to see you once again, and hope you can make it at Moosic Mt 12 noon on Saturday!

NEPMTBA
    NICE RID"IN

Did you ever have ham?

Good job! Wednesday Night mOOn Ride

Well, according to the ultra-accurate NEPA meteorologists tomorrow looks to be a bit soggy! Just remember meteorology is the only career where you can be 100% wrong and still get a paycheck! Just have to play it all by ear...hope to see everyone at the mOOn!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

To all:

If the weather holds out ...this November has broke records with the least snowfall ...

... we hope to see a few new riders as I have received emails about interest in the NEPMTBA Wednesday night ride! The newest trails are getting run in and the plan is to tour them on the ride. The newest loop "8" & "Ledge View" will be very interesting, as we can do it as a figure eight and it will be downhill both ways!

The pic is from one year ago 12/1/08 when we did the magazine article!

Hope to see ya there!

NEPMTBA
    RIDE THE mOOn

Did you ever have ham?

Weather Forescast

Well, it seems the weather forecast has changed somewhat. There is still a chance for showers this evening, but that chance has decreased to 30-40%. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get the 60-70%...LOL! I hate those roots when they get wet!!!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Moto:

Your fork is all done a ready for more rocks and roots at mOOn tonight.

Did you ever have ham?

Wednesday Night mOOn Ride

AWESOME!!! That was pretty quick, thanks!!! Now I can "Float Like a Butterfly and Sting Like a Bee!" LOL!

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    So why didn't anyone else show up? I waited around for about 10 minutes and there was no sign of anyone. I wasn't quite in the mood for a night time solo ride so ended up just riding back home.

Did you ever have ham?

Wed night mOOn ride

Chriffer,

Lee and I showed up early and we figured that no one would show so we went for a short ride and then left. Sorry! How are you feeling?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Yes...

... it was a dark and rainy night, but we got the ride in! Not too bad for early December. If that had been snow we would of had plenty. Skis are all tuned up, and hitting the slopes as soon as the snow is made. Right now it looks like we have scheduled Tuesday nights as NEPMTBA ski night and all are invited to join us. We will hit Sno Mountain, Elk, and Blue Mt. If we do get enough natural white stuff, Wednesday nights at mOOn will be XC skiing, with lights.

PS: Please ignore the date on the pics the camera must be wet or thinking or warmer times...LOL

All info will be posted here:nepmtba.piczo.com

Ride/Ski the mOOn
    NEPMTBA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wednesday Night Moon Ride-imag0349.jpg  

Wednesday Night Moon Ride-imag0352.jpg  

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Chriffer
    So why didn't anyone else show up? I waited around for about 10 minutes and there was no sign of anyone. I wasn't quite in the mood for a night time solo ride so ended up just riding back home.
    Hey your back!

We rode, and then got to the gate at 5:45 expecting to see others, but no one, so we loaded up by that time it was almost 6 and usually everyone shows up between those times, we left figured no one was going to show, but we were talking; Hey if anyone shows it will be "Chriffer" We must have "just" missed you!

NEPMTBA
    YA,,,,,,, WE GOT WET

Did you ever have ham?

Wednesday Night mOOn Ride

The rain....yeah, that was my idea!!!

Those forks really surprised me! It was a very subtle difference at first on relatively smooth terrain, but once it started getting ugly I really noticed much improved performance. Thanks!

Did you ever have ham?

What do you know, Wednesday has rolled around again! We got a little bit of snow this morning, but it will turn to rain by the time the mOOn ride kicks off tonight. Bring your umbrella, your rain gear, or even your bar of soap and rubber duckie and get to the mOOn! Hope to see ya'll there! Parking is outside the main gate and the ride gets going at 1800(6pm for civilians...LOL)!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Riding the mOOn

Featuring 25 plus miles of the newest trails in NEPA

NEPMTBA
    STILL POST"IN ~ STILL RID"IN
    Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Did you ever have ham?

I can't wait to hear the ride report from the mOOn tonight! I would have definitely preferred to be pedaling my you know what off than being at home playing plumber. Look out Bob Villa...LOL!