Thread: Wed. / Thurs.

Gravity's Gone

Wed. / Thurs.

Here's a couple of shots from the last few days. Nothing special going on just a couple of after work solo rides.
    Wed. / Thurs.-100_0635.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0637.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0640.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0642.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0648.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0650.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0653.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0655.jpg

Gravity's Gone
    Wed. / Thurs.-100_0659.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0660.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0673.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0675.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0679.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0682.jpg

Wed. / Thurs.-100_0686.jpg

Did you ever have ham?
    Great to see those pics from your rides, Nanker!!! You are an inspiration to us all!!!

Keep On Keepin' On!!!
    Waging war on my pedals every chance I get!!!

The Krazy Never Die
    sorry nanker im jackin your thread again.. but since we were on the mountain at the same time I figure its fine.. I have another video to upload just have to get it all together

i didnt get to get this crash on video but it was on the same trial i flipped wyatts big bike on. I came around on of the berms upon exit the berm washed out shooting me towards a tree and i pulled myleft hand off the bar right before hitting the tree and it sent me out over the handle bars and like wyatts crash the other day i landed on my face ! I dont know what i cut my ankle on. I'll edit the videos together and add them then. they're nothing major i want to edit a bunch of them together towards the end of the year and make a whole 2010 video
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Gravity's Gone
    Ouch. Is that roadrash on your lip?

The Krazy Never Die
    id call it more bashing my face off a tree and then the dirt ! yeah its def NOT HERPES
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

banned
    Apr 2009
    Quick Question.. I know 29er's are more stable on the trails and being 'in' the bike makes it less likely to go over the handlebar's. Also, the bigger tires roll over obstacles better. Do you guys think if riding a 29er you could clear that patch better (or not go over the handlebars?) That is the main reason I built a 29er last year--there have been times when I should have fallen but KNOW My 29er was the reason I did not..
    Last edited by 247; 04-09-2010 at 10:39 PM.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I think rolling a 29er definitely makes it easier to handle rock gardens and the like. I don't know that i'd go so far as to say it requires less skill, but it's definitely less effort and easier on the body (and my 29er is full rigid).

wounded knee
    Nanker, great pictures, thats an awesome looking bike!
    Kessler, thats gotta hurt, right on the back of the heel, and from my past experiences, trees don't move!
    Sponsored by
    VETTA
    GoPro HD Hero Camera
    The Recovery Sock

The Krazy Never Die
    as for the 29er theres parts of the trails that would probably be simpler on a 29er but seeing as my sole reason to go up the hill is to bomb back down the hill as fast as i can i wouldnt say a 29er is for me. Not to mention everytime ive gone over the handle bars is because i hit a tree. so unless a 29er makes the trees disappear id say im SCREWED....

you can see 3 bruises down the right side of my face. my fore head next to my right eye and below my right eye
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Wizard of the Trail
    Dude, sorry about the crash. We all OTB at some point. I can't count how many times I have. Also, if your running flat pedlas, you should pick up a pair of 5.10 riding shoes. They are extra sticky AND protect your ankles.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

The Krazy Never Die
    yeah naner has a pair of the 5.10s and he was saying how much he liked them and any extra ankle protection would be great. Ive only ever run flats and dont plan on changing that
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Wizard of the Trail
    I hear ya. I have been on flats and clipless. I am not a racer, so I like my freedom with the flats, especially in a hike a bike section. Not to mention, that I tend to move around alot on my pedals. I noticed this when I tried clipless. The 5.10s are so sticky that you actually need to lift your shoe to reposition yourself instead of just sliding that. They are expensive, but worth it, IMHO.
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hey bro's Just got back from a sweet road trip out to the west states, don't be afraid to ask about it..LOL Hey Krazy dude, I think learnin the trail some better and gettin your butt back on back nobby will keep you from flipping over the front to much. Is a 29er one of those bikes the guys rode with the big wheel from back in old times? If I get one I will have to grow a fancy mustash...

The Krazy Never Die
    lol... i dont think i could hang my butt any further off the back then i do. as for the going over the handlebars hitting a tree and stopping suddenly it wont matter how far back i am my momentum is gonna take me for a ride
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

Gravity's Gone
    [QUOTE=DUFUSBIKELOVER]Hey bro's Just got back from a sweet road trip out to the west states, don't be afraid to ask about it..LOL QUOTE]

Did you take your shocks bike or your racer bike?

The Krazy Never Die
    did we figure out who DUFUS is yet or no ?
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Hey yeah I took the racer and the shocks, thanks for being interested in my trip nankphangles! Yo Krazy it is me Joe..I think you must be lookin at those trees instead of down the trail...LOL Do you have two brakes on your bike, cause both of mine has two and I use em both almost allways. more when I am going real fast on the racer down mountain roads, if you know what I am talkin about. I got a new shocks bike when I went to the west. I wont mind if you bros have some questions about it either...later

mtbr member
    Wow, pennsyltucky at it's best....

Blue Pig
    Quote Originally Posted by DUFUSBIKELOVER
    Hey yeah I took the racer and the shocks, thanks for being interested in my trip nankphangles! Yo Krazy it is me Joe..I think you must be lookin at those trees instead of down the trail...LOL Do you have two brakes on your bike, cause both of mine has two and I use em both almost allways. more when I am going real fast on the racer down mountain roads, if you know what I am talkin about. I got a new shocks bike when I went to the west. I wont mind if you bros have some questions about it either...later
    Are your underwear dirty? I hate when mine get dirty after a long ride.
    I give positive rep all around but then I get negative rep from all the clowns.

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by DUFUSBIKELOVER
    A new shocks bike? Pix please.