Fossil

Water at Blue Marsh

I've been to Blue Marsh and know that the Visitor Center has water, and that it is often considered to be the only water on the loop.

Here's my quesion: do the restrooms have running water (and sinks) in them? As I recall, the restrooms at the VC and Dry Brooks do, but I don't know about the restroom at State Hill boat ramp. And what about Church Road? I recall a building there... was that a restroom? Never stopped...
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmiller
    I've been to Blue Marsh and know that the Visitor Center has water, and that it is often considered to be the only water on the loop.

Here's my quesion: do the restrooms have running water (and sinks) in them? As I recall, the restrooms at the VC and Dry Brooks do, but I don't know about the restroom at State Hill boat ramp. And what about Church Road? I recall a building there... was that a restroom? Never stopped...
    Unless things have changed (recently) - no. There is no potable water at State Hill or Church Rd. Church Rd and the Stilling Basin have port-o-lets. The restrooms at State Hill are nicer, but I'm 99% sure there is no running water.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

Fossil

Thx

Thanks, Stick. Maybe my daughter needs to set up a lemonade stand somewhere near Mile 15... think $5/ cup would be a little steep?
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

Inbred Homebrewer
    Quote Originally Posted by mtmiller
    Thanks, Stick. Maybe my daughter needs to set up a lemonade stand somewhere near Mile 15... think $5/ cup would be a little steep?
    Not if it was a BIG cup. I'd pay $5 for a quart of cold lemonade out there. Funny thing is, I'm not kidding. Actually, you could forget the lemonade altogether - and just buy quart bottles of gatorade for $0.99 when they go on sale. Sell 'em for $3, $4, $5? Whatever the 'market' will bear. Start at $3 and raise the price by $0.10 for each degree the temp climbs over 80 F.
    [SIZE="2"][/SIZE]"mmmm....Beeeeeeer." - Homer J. Simpson

mtbr member
    That's funny. You could sell pure water for that price in the middle of summer out there!

mtbr member
    There is running water fountain outside the bathroom at Dry Brooks boat launch area but....of course it is just before the Visitors Center. Only time this could be valuble to know is if the Visitors Center is closed. (Water gets locked up with the visitors center)

Dan

mtbr member
    If you are desperate...you are about a mile from a mini market via Rt 183 when you are at the northern most bridge.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by Stick
    Unless things have changed (recently) - no. There is no potable water at State Hill or Church Rd. Church Rd and the Stilling Basin have port-o-lets. The restrooms at State Hill are nicer, but I'm 99% sure there is no running water.
    100% agreement about the water, but I prefer the portolets to the stinky pit toilets at State Hill. At least the portolets get emptied out. Visitor center has sinks and flush toilets, and also a super-refreshing, icy cold water fountain. Can't beat that!

mtbr member
    Just a heads up...I know water will do for most everyone but there is now a Pepsi machine outside (next to the water fountain @ bathrooms) at the Dry Brooks boat launch. Has gatorade in it as well as of course soda.

mtbr member
    There is no way I could drink a soda on that ride.

mtbr member
    me neither

mtbr member
    Gatorade machine at State Hill boat ramp now too.
    $1.50 and hold you breath near that no flush bathroom...Wow.
    Nice little section of single track just behind the bathroom to reconnect to the trail.

mtbr member
    Hello Chums,
    Does anyone have a gps track of the 30miler at Blue Marsh? Me and a buddywill be riding it in a couple of weeks and thought that would be the easiest way not to get lost!

Thanks,

Daniel.

mtbr member
    Aug 2004
    Man I rember my wife and I rode the big loop years back and got to the middle and ran out of water and we hit the beach area and spent like 5 min. at the water fountains. Man that sucks to be out of water and it was so stinking hot that day. but it was the best ride I've ever had.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by DANSPANK
    Hello Chums,
    Does anyone have a gps track of the 30miler at Blue Marsh? Me and a buddywill be riding it in a couple of weeks and thought that would be the easiest way not to get lost!

Thanks,

Daniel.

Found this on motionbased:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5331285

Just click on "GPX" in the export box. There are a few more shorter ones here:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/n...ng%20Bernville

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyDean
    Found this on motionbased:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5331285

Just click on "GPX" in the export box. There are a few more shorter ones here:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/n...ng%20Bernville
    Thanks man, that's perfect - I'll take the big daddy ride!