The Krazy Never Die

Wanted: bash guard

First off before anyone *****es. I know this don't belong here. I'm looking for a bash guard someone might have laying around. Maybe an extra one or a used one. I changed the crank and chainrings out on my F9. Took the big chainring off now I just need a bash guard so I can quit bending the crap out of chain rings. I'm not lookin to spend 30-40 on a new one right now since I'm workin on paying off the big bike. So if anyone has one that's just Latin around don't matter if it's all beat up I'm just gonna beat on it some more.
    LIVE FAST - DIE FUN

mtbr member

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    I have a 42t one sitting in a box. I also have one of those BBG ones on a bike and like it. I did manage to bend it enough to have it touch the chain, but it bent back with no issue. I'll try to toss the 42t guard at someone who has better odds of running into you.

mtbr member
    where you live? cuz i got one lying around, its from my slx crank so itll cover up to 36 tooth chainring..............im in york pa. just pm me if your close
    Buy a f-ing bike maybe you wouldn't be fat

mtbr member
    I gotta nice raceface one, basically brand new, and a truvative clampon shiftguide if yur interested. I'll sell both for $60 or seperate. I'm from penns creek n work at big earls so hit me up if yur interested.

Jason
    I took my large chainring off, ground all the teeth off of it with an angle grinder, smoothed it out all nice so that it's perfectly round and then put it back on. Works perfect and the best part is that it was free.
    Jason

trail addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dexetr30
    I took my large chainring off, ground all the teeth off of it with an angle grinder, smoothed it out all nice so that it's perfectly round and then put it back on. Works perfect and the best part is that it was free.
    That's pretty much what I was thinking. If you leave the front deraileur with full travel, you can even give the bike a neutral.

But seriously... doesn't get much cheaper than the ol' big ring bashguard.... many of us were there on our first bikes at one time or another.
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I put BBG's on all my bikes. I've had to bend them straight and/or file down sharp burrs on occasion, but they're still going strong after years of abuse.