AKA; Jimmy Tango

Vid at MT Penn, Reading, PA on our AM bikes

Chris and I went to MT. Penn in Reading, PA with our AM bike last weekend(1/26/08). WE brought our FR bikes, but they never left the van we rode our AM bikes cause we thought they would be enough. I was hesitant on some of the stuff because these bikes just at as resilent to rider error. I make many errors, usually due to mind-f@#$ing myself. Good time though, hope you enjoy, let me know what you think

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K-afCLxyr7Q

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    I can see that people have have viewed this. But I guess it goes something like what our parents would say;..."if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all". I know its not that great, it's my second video, but come-on its some PA riding not, moab, or whistler, or whatever fill in the blank destination I will never get to see. I guess whatever, at least 34 people have seen it.

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Relax, dude.

The video is just fine, thanks for sharing. Nobody's expecting backflips or supermans...

mtbr member
    Dec 2004

NIIIIIccccceeee

I thought the video was Great. Nice flow and really cool music. I was some of the Reading Dureya DH race course,...cool!
    TeamBulldog.com Cyclecraft.com Mtbnj.com JORBA.org

Fossil

Very cool.

gop427, from your description of the vid I first thought maybe it was a snoozer, but when I watched it I was impressed. Good vid, smooth moves, and I'm jealous! Tell us when you shoot your next one, alright?
    DB Dirt Club
    DBs on Dirt since 2010

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Looked sweet.

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    Thanks guys. You should get up and there and check it out. Great place. If you need directions let me know.

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    themz some nice moves....

i have been there and seen that stuff and unfortuately the video just doesn't capture the size of some of that stuff.

that wallride for example is pretty ridiculously huge...

mtbr member
    what time were you guys there. I went by on saturday around one with a couple of guys from over that way. I've never been there before and we only hit one trail a couple of times. It was fun but I want to see some more now. PM me if anyone wants to meet up there.
    Team _________

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    It's good to hear a renewed interest in this area again,rider interest was starting to decline,new blood could stir things up again.there is much more then just the Pagoda side.other parts of this mtn area have little or no traffic anymore and the runs have deteriorated or grown over.since RR moved away from DH,no one wants to put the work into keeping the DH and FR runs in good riding shape.gone are the day's on any sat or sun and even weeknights as many as 25 or more riders doing shuttles.but if you like crosscountry there is no lack of epic challenging trails to ride and more to come.

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by readingracing
    It's good to hear a renewed interest in this area again,rider interest was starting to decline,new blood could stir things up again.there is much more then just the Pagoda side.other parts of this mtn area have little or no traffic anymore and the runs have deteriorated or grown over.since RR moved away from DH,no one wants to put the work into keeping the DH and FR runs in good riding shape.gone are the day's on any sat or sun and even weeknights as many as 25 or more riders doing shuttles.but if you like crosscountry there is no lack of epic challenging trails to ride and more to come.
    My home ride is Blue Marsh,but have been hearing that Pagoda is something I should try,but I 'm wondering if it's safe ?.... as in do I need another person or some sort of protection to ride there.Maybe there are more people like me thinking like this and thus the decline in riders or have I just been misinformed about the place ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    There are all levels of riding here,amount of protection is a mater of choice,and or confidence.this area has a long history of cross country riding,and is much more tecnically challenging then Blue Marsh.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    that wallride looks really fun. I'll have to check that place out, and smooth riding the both of you's.

AKA; Jimmy Tango
    Thanks, yeah that wall ride is pretty dope, believe it or not but you have more traction on that wall than the trails. My wife and I went up there yesterday morning, but it was snowing pretty bad so we pulled the plug. Although, lucky me, I got to look at purses at the Doony Burke outlet at the VF outlets. It was wierd, tons flurrying at MT Penn and dry here in Lancaster.

mtbr member

Yes Very Nice.....

The wall was my favorite move for sure. Thanks for sharing and keep shooting and posting. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Gravity's Gone
    Like mtmiller said, from your description i didn't expect much, but i quite enjoyed it. Great job, dude.

mtbr member
    Why so hard on yourself? The video was pretty cool for just the second one you've made. That place looks like a lot of fun. Well done.

---
    Jan 2007
    After not riding up there for a year or so I've been back twice this year already. I used to ride the Pagoda side often but only ventured over to Antitam a couple of times. After a guided tour the other week with Max I'm wanting to explore more cause I know theres stuff I haven't seen or don't remember from before. Fun xc stuff and hitting some of the tamer drops/jumps keeps it interesting.

Just got a gps too so I'll take that next time, always curious of the elevation change.
    lockring not included - mandatory blog link in the signature