Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    AllDayinPA

Vertical Earth Gravity Games 2010 Schedule / Blue Mountain, PA

Greetings All:

We've posted the schedule for the 2010 VEGG. We're running with a full schedule this year with 8 Gravity Events, First Annual Fat tire Festival, MTB Swap, and more. For more details please visit our site:

http://verticalearthpa.com

Season Passes on Sale $175 thru 3/31

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Props to Blue!

This is great news, let us know if ya need help, or scheduled workdays.

ROCK ON

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Is the opening day and hours of operation still being discussed?
    Both are absent from the website.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Looks like only one Super D bummer.I liked the individual start better,not sure that the current course is long enough or open enough to allow passing in an average 8 min course.depending on how many per age group,and that you are a strong climber near beginning of course.the wooded sections are tight and twisty and super fun at speed,would suck to get hung up in there.

AllDayinPA
    Hours will be 9 - 4 weekends only May 22nd thru Oct 31st. We will be closed 4th of July weekend so the Fat tire Festival is being rescheduled.

Super D will be fun and sick. I know your concerns and we will make sure that there are plenty of passing lanes and areas. There will also be a new course for the first race that will incorporate some of the old top. This course will be sick. We will be using machines to make the whole second half of the course so it WILL BE SICK.

There really are 2 Super D's the second will be the VEGG final race set up as an Enduro DH that will be a long fun flowy beginner like DH course. Individual start for the second race and LeMann's start for the first race. I know some people are skeptical of a LeMann's start but I feel this could be an epic event with a well built course to support it.

The website is still being built so stay tuned as we get more info up. Thanks everyone who made it out last year. The mountain is super stoked and committed to MTB in Eastern PA. Last year we started out with hand tools, by the end of the year we used a few machines and produced some trails that were super fun with alot of potential. This year we start with a full arsenal of equipment. We look forward to rolling out some of the sickest trails in the East.

Thanks,

DW

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    If Lemans start can work for Megavalanche, it can work for you, I figure you just gotta make it work.

I'm really planning on hitting Blue more this year, shoot I even bought a chain-guide ... don't know if i'll be able to own up for the season pass or not but 10 trips is not *that* many - I'll have to think about it.

Is the daily fee still going to be $20 or is that still Under Decision? I'd totally understand if the fees needed to go up a bit.

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Hey Dan,

Very cool! I was curious about the enduro I like!! looking forward to participating in all of the events.going to be a great season.

Dane

mtbr member
    I'm so excited to ride blue again. What's the word on work days? Looking for any free labor pre-season?
    Team _________

mtbr member
    I am so pumped about this season Dan. Two more guys from Philly are almost done building DH bikes. So happy I bought the $100 season pass special last year! Not only does PMBA have a killer squad, we have our own beer, thanks to Curt. Watch out for PMBA Blitzkrieg this year!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Vertical Earth Gravity Games 2010 Schedule / Blue Mountain, PA-koch.jpg  

bike = good

mtbr member
    Feb 2010
    BRRAAAAAAAPPP!!! Blitzkrieg. I have my season pass already too. I can't wait. And now I have even more reason to buy an AM bike for Super D. See you soon.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Dude, blue mountain is going to be sooo sick this year. Cant wait to hit up the Super D and DH races! Are there going to be trails simalair to like, the Dirt Merchant trail at whistler, or A-Line? Those are the kind of trails I think of when you say machine made trails. That would be sweet. Whatever it is, I'm sure it will be awesome.
    Looking forward to a great season! - Callum

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Dan we're all excited but I was the only one in my riding group that actually purchased their pass when they were $100. I'll actually have a DH bike this year for the first time in my entire riding history. Cant wait for the season to start.

AllDayinPA
    Just a heads up Dave, they're still 175 thru 3/31. Hope that helps the cause. Still the cheap and the steep baby !!!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine1
    Just a heads up Dave, they're still 175 thru 3/31. Hope that helps the cause. Still the cheap and the steep baby !!!
    I keep telling those fools that! I think some of them will listen.

May needs to get here, or at the very least the 20" of snow outside needs to go away. too bad we have more coming tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Pretty excited to see Blue Mtn. developing so fast, but rather bummed about only two Super D's this year. Nonetheless, I'll definitely be there and glad to hear that one is a LeMann's start - always wanted to do one of those.

AllDayinPA
    Break out the sticks , big POW day tomorrow !!

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenMachine1
    Break out the sticks , big POW day tomorrow !!
    My sticks are still in the same place they were 12 years ago after the last time I skied. In my uncle's basement in Boston. Have fun tomorrow.

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Totally stoked for the opening and i'll be looking for some people to ride with so if anyone is up for it let me know.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    I'll probably be out there looking to increase my testicular fortitude somewhat.

I really want to re-learn how to handle air-time with flats. Not DJ-crazy style, I just really want to handle more moderate stuff well and land close enough to my pedals to be no matter.

You'll know me by the shine of my bike and the bear mojo on the head tube.

mtbr member
    I'm contemplating buying a season pass but I don't know how many weekends I will be around. Does the daily park pass work Mon-Fri too or does that just grant you access on the weekends. I work in Bowmanstown over the summer and would like to ride Blue after I punch out a couple days a week. If the season pass means I can hike the DS course then it is worth it.
    [SIZE="2"]On a quest to ride a never-ending wheelie[/SIZE]

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    VE is only going to be open during the weekend. They have not announced if they are planning on being open on Friday's prior to races.

mtbr member
    Ok thanks

mtbr member
    i know this might sound dumb to some of the guys in here, However my buddy and me are planning a trip up blue mountain May 22nd for opening day. We have never done DH b4, but are both avid trail riders. We both currently of Specialized Hardtail 29er's, With upgrades brakes..tires...etc, my main question is...Will we be ok at Blue Mountain...or just not even bother to come out? my fear is we need serious DH bikes to have fun? Any info would be great..thanks guys!! sorry for the long post!!

mtbr member
    I rode down on my hardtail DJ. I think it would be allot more fun on a full sus though becuase it would give your knees a break. But definitely doable.

mtbr member
    cool....thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast