mtbr member

University City riders?

Hi guys, I just moved to Philly to go to college and am looking for a way to start riding. I was pretty busy with move in and adapting to college, but would like to get my act together and have everything set for when it gets warmer.

A main issue I have is that I'm not really sure where I can store my bike. I'm not sure if I would be comfortable leaving it on the bike racks exposed to all the weather and stuff. Is that just what people who live in dorms have to do?? There is no way it would fit in my matchbox room.

Thanks for any imput, and I look forward to meeting some Philly riders!
    ---(cheap, light, strong)---
    pick two...

I choose all 3!!!

out of shape
    if u take off both wheels and push the seat down and hang it on the wall or ceiling it will fit in your room.

if i can fit my bike in my jetta you can fit it in ur room. id never leave your bike outside, people will steal anything they can off it
    doylestown pa
    SS cannondale F6

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005
    Yea, I always fit mine in my dorm room when I lived in one. Like was said already, if you take the wheels off you could hang it or set i behind a dresser or tv stand or something. Another option would be to see if your school has a bike team. I know a few of them down there do. You could store your bike at one of the members houses or at the official "bike" house if they have one.

mtbr member
    OK I'll try to set up a sort of jig or something :S. The school has a team but most of the people live off campus and have more space for the bike, wheels, gear, etc...
    ---(cheap, light, strong)---
    pick two...

I choose all 3!!!