mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Tuscarora SF break ins

Copied from SF facebook page

Since August 4th 2012, 5 state parks and 1 state forest picnic area in Perry, Cumberland, and Franklin Counties have repeatedly been targeted by an organized crime ring known as "Felony Lane". During the course of 3 separate sprees windows in more than 15 vehicles have been broken out to steal items left in plain view. Actors are usually black or Hispanic males operating lease vehicles from the south. In the past cars displayed Florida and Tennessee tags. Actors remove purses and utilize credit cards they steal. They then hand personal information off to accomplice females matching the descriptions of the victims. The females write checks to one victim from another victim's checkbook and cash thousands of dollars in checks at local and distant banks. Checks from local victims have been cashed as far away as Indiana and New Hampshire. We are working closely with the State Police and authorities in other states to locate these individuals. Park and forest visitors are urged to be aware of any suspicious activity. Note license plate numbers and state of suspicious vehicles and report them to the nearest ranger or law enforcement office. Do not leave valuable items in plain view and park in busy well lit areas if possible.

mtbr member
    good info......but nobody rides the tuscarora except a few inbred locals. too rocky.
    Last edited by zzero; 09-14-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Great post +1 rep NEPMTBA

mtbr member
    May 2010
    I heard about this yesterday. Glad to know but wish this info would have gotten out a few weeks ago.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011
    Have any break ins occured in the Michaux area?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    As a former security manager (5 yrs of it while in the Army, a while ago granted), all I can say is count on this groups' activities moving around the region and hitting various areas. That is the best way for them to be able to continue activities as long as possible.

Personally, one of the reasons I ride with a sizable camelback is I can have the space to take everything with me I care about (keys, wallet, phone, etc.). If the "bike crap" in my car is stolen it'll be frustrating, but not a calamity. If the car is stolen, it'll be a gigantic inconvenience but not a calamity.

Having your personal financial info stolen and abused and your identity stolen and abused is a calamity and really difficult to recover from.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by shackleton47 View Post
    Have any break ins occured in the Michaux area?
    Yep...Caledonia was hit for sure. Have not heard anything on Pine Grove Furnace. Col. Denning has been hit numerous times. Fowler's Hollow and Little Buffalo also have been hit but i'm unclear on how many times. These folks are also known to have been in State College so I'm guessing that the parks in the Rothrock have some vulnerability also.

We dodged the bullet two sunday's ago when we were parked outside of Col.Denning. State Police trooper stopped and checked if we had been broken into. He had just come from 3 or 4 break-ins in the park.

Now broadcasting from CO
    Quote Originally Posted by zzero View Post
    good info......but nobody rides the tuscarora except a few inbred locals. too rocky.
    Isn't that the point of PA riding? Anyway... that is good info. Hope they catch the perps soon.
    Brought to you by rocks.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PAmtbiker View Post
    Isn't that the point of PA riding? Anyway... that is good info. Hope they catch the perps soon.
    oh my....it's just way too rocky. even tuscarora rail trails send folks home crying.

ditto that on catchin' them. they might not fair too well if the perry county locals get them first.

mtbr member
    Mar 2011

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005

Now...

Deliver them to the TORC to hand down some Perry County justice...

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by cbratt View Post
    Deliver them to the TORC to hand down some Perry County justice...
    and just what/who is TORC and what do you know about it/them?

Soft AND Tender
    Jun 2005
    Legend says that they are a band of merry mountain bikers who roam the rocky hill and dale of the tuscarora. Rumors state that they venture out of the tuscarora now and again to terrorize the hill people of michaux, they leave little trace behind other than a pile of empty peanut shells...

-mooch-

mtbr member
    that's funny...... i heard they were Totally Obnoxious Ridiculing Clowns.