View Poll Results: Does This Seem Like A Shoutbox For Just 2 or 3 People?

Voters
39. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

31 79.49%
  • No

8 20.51%

Thread: The Troll Poll

banned

The Troll Poll

Here's what I'm willing to do....A poll. If I'm misunderstanding the local nonsense that I see on here and I loose this poll I'll ask the moderator myself to remove my profile and end my career on this site. I haven't been here long and have nothing to loose nor anything to miss.
    So...

ride more
    Mar 2007
    what poll ?

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    troll, I think you're taking things a wee bit seriously out here, we need to get out and chat on a ride before you take such Drastic Measures. Your avatar pic is too cool to die after all!

ride more
    Mar 2007
    ah, I see it now.

banned
    Pretty interesting. So far its a unanomous decision.

Can't feel my legs
    Troll, this is a public forum where anyone is free to post, not post, read or not read anything(within reason) The fact that a few very passionate MTBers post here on a regular basis, does not mean that you have to read what they say, nor does it in any way hinder anyone else's right to post. So, I guess I just don't see what your point is. Instead of putting down the way others choose to participate, why not just participate in the way you see fit, and ignore information that does not interest you.
    In your first post you asked about ride information in your area, were given some ideas, said that this was not your type of riding, but never followed up. What type of riding do you do? How far are you willing to drive? This information would have made it possible to respond to your request.
    I did not respond to your poll because I don't see the point. Do I think that a few members use the site on a regular basis? Yes. Do I have a problem with this? No. Do I think you should leave this forum? Absolutely not. If you put half the effort into making this a better site in a constructive way, rather than attacking others who are trying to do the same, I think you could be a very valuable asset to this forum.

Gravity's Gone
    Quote Originally Posted by wyatt79m
    what poll ?
    Duh. Smoke another one, dude.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by JPark
    Troll, this is a public forum where anyone is free to post, not post, read or not read anything(within reason) The fact that a few very passionate MTBers post here on a regular basis, does not mean that you have to read what they say, nor does it in any way hinder anyone else's right to post. So, I guess I just don't see what your point is. Instead of putting down the way others choose to participate, why not just participate in the way you see fit, and ignore information that does not interest you.
    In your first post you asked about ride information in your area, were given some ideas, said that this was not your type of riding, but never followed up. What type of riding do you do? How far are you willing to drive? This information would have made it possible to respond to your request.
    I did not respond to your poll because I don't see the point. Do I think that a few members use the site on a regular basis? Yes. Do I have a problem with this? No. Do I think you should leave this forum? Absolutely not. If you put half the effort into making this a better site in a constructive way, rather than attacking others who are trying to do the same, I think you could be a very valuable asset to this forum.
    Well said!!! I was thinking the same thing but you did a better job at spelling it all out than I would have.

Life is Good
    Quote Originally Posted by JPark
    I used to post on the PA forums a lot but haven't been around as much lately. For this reason I never noticed any kind of "shoutbox" effect as I never really paid attention to that stuff. I have noticed threads with pertinent information have been falling fast to the bottoms of the topic list, but that's it. After reading troll's "what's with this place" thread, though, I can sorta see his point. I've been noticing a lot of threads with little to no pertinent information consistently in the top threads. I'm all for people who are passionate about their hobbies/friends/posting on forums/whatever, but it is kind of annoying to have to weed through threads to find ones that I want or ones that may be useful. Not to mention, I'm sure these threads/posts take up bandwidth, am I right? I don't think that stuff is free.

I don't know any of the "shout-box accused"; I've never met them or ridden with them and I've probably only talked to them on this site infrequently. It's great that they are passionate about biking and having a good time, but maybe they need to set a limit to how much of that good time they share with us? Their threads about past rides or future rides are great, those are the kinda threads that should be posted, but I've seen quite a few threads in just the past few minutes of browsing that have really no purpose or use whatsoever to anyone else on this forum. In my opinion, people come to this forum to get info on PA biking, not to check up on their clique (that's what their blog is for, right?).

Just my two cents, nothing personal meant to either side. Happy trails.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain