mtbr member

Trip to Seven Springs MTB Park and Rocky Ridge County Park.....Looking for

Someone to hook up with. Looking to be out there the week for the 4th of July..Have 2 days planned to ride. Will be staying at Gettysburg for the week. Definitely lookng for someone to show me around the RR county park.
    Trying to painfully relive some of youthful adventures!!

mtbr member
    Man, I'd love to but I'm going to be on my honeymoon. I'm sure somebody will step up. That place is definitely more fun when you know where/which direction to go.

Edit: Just read what I typed...no sh1t it's more fun when you know were you're going!

mtbr member
    Jan 2003
    Depending on the day, I'd be able to ride 7 Springs....but if you're going for the Bike park only then I'm out. But there is a nice XC loop there too
    Climbing Builds Character

mtbr member
    At this time its bike park only.... but if the new trail bike gets here before I leave, then will hit the trails there also....thanks for the replies...

mtbr member
    Just making sure I understand you correctly, you want to do Seven Springs near Pittsburgh and Rocky Ridge in York? Gettysburg is not super close to Rocky Ridge, but is doable for sure. My offer still stands for Rocky Ridge if we can make the days work.

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Gettysburg is a lot closer to RR than 7S! It's the better part of 3 hrs drive between G & 7S.

If you're just looking for epic singletrack, Michaux SF near Gettysburg will fill that.

If you're looking to rent/take a DH bike and roll downhill all day then Blue Mtn near Palmerton could full-fill that, and leave you $ for a really good lunch on top the hill instead of in your gas tank. Last w/e at Blue there were a bunch of people on "trail" bikes too, but I think it'd be more fun on a DH bike ... although I gotta admit I'll probably be rolling my trail bike down it at some point just out of curiosity.

mtbr member
    It'll be a good 2.5 to 3 hours to Seven Springs depending the size of the July 4th traffic, especially along Rt. 30. If you want flow/smooth/fun look into the trails at Raystown Lake, easier of a drive from Gettysburg.

mtbr member
    I am taking my Canfield "ONE" set up with 180mm forks---As is can ride anywhere but looking to get a shorter travel trail bike to take along also.
    As the trails go....7S is on my list to do one of the 2 days planned for riding and the other day is being scheduled for mainly trail ride. Drive time is no issue---7S leave at the crack of dawn to beat the traffic and come back end of day hopefully after the rush of holiday traffic. And RRCP is only about 30miles from where we are staying- for me thats a hop-skip-and a jump considering..
    I am confirming with the father-in-law which days I have open to go and will post in the next few days.....

Thanks

mtbr member
    30 miles from where you are in Gettysburg to RR is not much really, just consider there is no quick way to get there other then 30 which is not quick by any means. Still looking forward to riding with you if we can make it work.

mtbr member
    Ok the 2 days I have open to ride for sure are July 1(monday) and July 5(Friday). Thinking RRSP on Friday and 7 Springs on Monday(less people I would imagine due to work schedules) Let me know if anyone would like to hook up and show me the flow of the trails. There might be other ride times but not sure at the moment