Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

Trexler preserve

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  XJaredX 
#1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone point out the access to Broken Arrow trail? Looks like you access it from Halfpipe but I have missed it a few times. Is there a marker to look out for ?

thanks

#2 · (Edited)
As you climb up the first trail, after you pass the water tank, you'll see a split somewhere uphill where the doubletrack goes in two directions. Take the left doubletrack til you see a picnic bench. Enter the trail behind the picnic bench. You'll go down a bit and Broken Arrow will be a left turn.

Note: Broken Arrow actually starts a little more uphill than where you turn left (at the left turn you'll see more trail going straight, if you followed that you'd see where it starts). But that is the easiest way to describe how to get you there.

#3 ·
Just to build on that a little more - turn left before you head down Halfpipe. Not sure if it's marked (I want to say it is, but it is clear to see that it's a trail, I believe you can see the first turn/berm) but if you go up the main climb take the double track to the left of where Halfpipe starts. The trailhead for Broken Arrow isn't particularly well marked, but its on the left after the bench and it isn't hard to miss. Bear a slight right when you first get on the trail and enjoy!

#4 ·
Thanks alot, I will be out there tomorrow sometime. I guess getting back to The trail head or parking lott from Broken arrow, follow it out to firemens trail then borders trail ? or climb back up Broken arrow?

#5 ·
Follow it to firemens than back up the doubletrack. Stay off the border trail. just follow the doubletrack road up. You'll see the water tank after a while.

If you go backwards on Broken Arrow that might get hairy if people are coming the other way. People hit over 25 mph on there at times.

#6 ·
Right before you turn right to go down half-pipe there is a sign to the left marking the entrance to Broken Arrow. What it does is puts you up on a little bit of single track just above the fire road. It then crosses over the fire road and you go in by the aforementioned bench. I then ride Firemens back up and either do broken arrow again or start on half pipe again. I don't know why anyone would do border trail but I got a buddy that loves to ride all the way out to the actual preserve. Eats you up and not a lot of fun either.

#8 ·
That is the hope of everyone but for now it isn't happening, a proposal was made but got shot down for now- the plan as I understand it is to maintain existing trails and prove that it is a worthy and responsible use of the land, and hopefully get permission to build more in the future.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.