^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Trails Trimmed/Trials Sections Open

To all:

Last night we trimmed the Vine Trail connector and the Fossil Section.

Pics are before and after. There is so much Green it is hard to see where everything goes. A blowdown fell on Vine trail connector and within 9 months the trail was not even visable. I asked the quads to ride this trail and keep it open. It connects the Cave playground/track with the Main Hill section.
    The Fossil section is not done yet.

Thanks guys
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    lee, sidequestion: what do you bring with you to clear trials?

just a machette? i gotta gets me one (anything to look for in a good trail weapon )! also, any other useful tools?

Max:

The Machette is great! Buy a cheap one from the local dollar store. That way you won't feel bad about beating it up. Even digs rocks out. Those trails were so grown in. It's amazing how the vines will take down a big tree. What a mess. Open for riding now.

I used the Machette for some definition of the picture. Everything is so Green. I think the earth is mad at us. If it wasn't for the pickers in there you could hit that pack of green stuff at 40 mph and it woulkd be like a big air bag. The stuff is small, but it has a million branches. Some of that stuff even grows in winter.

Do you have a lot of Gypsy moths where you live? Our trails are full of them! Too bad they don't eat the crap we have to trim

LOL!
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Here are some good clearing tools: http://www.benmeadows.com/search/Def...0&Nu=dept%5Fid

I've been thinking about getting a gas powered brush trimmer (think weedwacker with a skilsaw blade) but I hate the idea of going out into the woods and making that much noise....
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    There is a great tool for brush cutting called a swedish axe- its basically like taking a hacksaw, stringing a razor in where the saw blade goes, and then mounting it on a 3 foot stick....one swing and you can clear a huge amount of overgrowth up to about an inch thick

mtbr member

see link above

they have a nice one.
    Jim Thorpe Trail Coalition
    http://jttrails.wordpress.com/

mtbr member
    Jul 2005
    I like the woodsman pal. A little expensive but they take all the abuse you can throw at them or throw them at and they are made here in PA.

Guys:

I usually just blast through with the Gas Gas for singletrack trails, but the place is right next to a truck garage and they don't know I'm even there riding the mt bike through there. They don't own it, but I don't need to be making noise or polution in that area they all have quads and would love a new trail for their use.

Stop and Smell the Diesel! AHH!
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoseOvaTail
    I like the woodsman pal. A little expensive but they take all the abuse you can throw at them or throw them at and they are made here in PA.

OMG, I want one!