mtbr member

Trails in Oil City area

I live in Oil City and I 'm looking for some trails to ride. I know Two Mile Run Park has some single tracks , but where can I obtain a trail map of their trails? Also looking for other places in my area to ride legally. Would love to ride Oil Creek State Parks trails but I hear they are for Deer , birds , and walkers only.

SpeedoSkid
    I have heard Kennerdale has some good riding. I haven't been up there yet myself, but plan to this year.

Spokejunkies have a review here: http://www.spokejunkies.com/reviews/...age=kennerdell

mtbr member
    definitely kennerdell.

check out www.porcmtbclub.org.
    check the trails section and look for a map of kennerdell. i found a state map with good trail markings. i had it put on out maps page. it can be easy to get lost there so take lots of water!

Moraine is a good ride too, but it isnt near oilcity. Moraine is technical with lots of rocks.
    Chance favors the prepared mind

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Two Mile, Kennerdale, & Moraine are about the only/best places to go - legally. Oil Creek state park has great hiking trails, but are off limits to bikes. Someone should really try to fight that issue as they could be the best trails in state.You can get a map of most of the trails at Two mile from the park office near the beach. Some local Mtb'ers have made some fo their own trails, which I personally don't support as it often leads to issues with Park management. But if you ask the park people who you can contact to ride with and show you those trails, they can probably put you in touch as it is a small community and they know the right people.

ganginwood
    there are several trails inside oil creek state park that are legal to ride. havoline and penzoil offer some of the sickest track this side of the filter. not recommended for beginners. several tech 4 root/rock combos that would like nothing more than to chew on a few knee caps for breakfast.
    on the west side of the park lies hydraulic, synthetic, and ursa. these are a bit easier on the body but still very enjoyable.
    caveat emptor:
    wear appropriate body armor. even on the driest days of the year the trails have a tendancy to be "slick"
    Last edited by ganginwood; 04-24-2007 at 06:27 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Aswell
    the 5th poster, ganginwoods, is correct

mtbr member
    Where can I get trail maps for the legal trails at Oil Creek ?

mtbr member
    Mar 2006
    Unless sopmething has chnaged that I'm not aware if, bikes are not allowed on hiking trails in Oil creek SP. I was talking to Park EE last summer and she confirmed. I urged to reconsider policy. Maybe she heeded my advice. But better check with Park before you go hit the trails. Probably won't see many people on trails, but don't give mtbers bad rap by riding illegally.

If someone can confirm that mtbing is now allowed there, I'd love to know. I get up there to see my parents in T-ville from time to time and will certainly take my rig next time.