mtbr member
    Mar 2004

trails in northern pa

Are there ant trails in N.Tier P.A. like around townada,troy or mansfield??? Also where's the trails at ole bull state park I never found much!

mtbr member
    Feb 2004

Roundtop

I raced last year at the 12 hours of roundtop, and thought the course was a lot of fun. There were a few sections that were on dirt roads, but it looked like the area had a lot of trails. Not certain if biking is allowed (other than the race weekend), but since we don't have many cool events like this, please find out before you ride there, so we don't jeopardize loosing access for the event.

If you're interested in the race check it out at http://bikeroundtop.tripod.com/

I just checked the site (since it wasn't updated after the '03 race) and to my surprise, the little picture on the home page is me! I feel like a celebrity!

I highly recommend getting a team and racing this event. I have been mtb'g for over 10 years, but I was never interested in racing, until a buddy of mine convinced me to enter. I have to say that it was a lot more fun than I imagined! Our team even won 3rd place.

Keep on Rockin...

Smile Yes....

Quote Originally Posted by jayhev
    Are there ant trails in N.Tier P.A. like around townada,troy or mansfield??? Also where's the trails at ole bull state park I never found much!
    I live about 1 1/2 hrs West of Mansfield and there are trails up here in Potter Co.'s Susquehannock State Forest. Problem is there's not enough of us riders out here to keep the trails broken in. I'm relatively new to the area and during last year's Ole Bull race I was up in Canada at a 24hr race so I didn't make it. I hear Ole Bull is mostly dirt road type stuff and since I'm always in search of technically challenging trails I have not bothered to check it out. If you are interested in riding out this way let me know as I'll be out close to 6 days a week riding and building trails once the weather breaks.

Mike

mtbr member
    I visit up there and see a lot of trails while on the roads! (I drive 4 hours to see STPR (www.stpr.org))