trail addict

trails near I81 just south of 901???

So cruising on I81 the other day and it is a good time of year to scout for trails. There are tons of jeep roads and stuff out there, but I saw some very promising-looking singletrack for a few moments that paralleled the highway, then cut back into the woods again.

Anybody have any info about the area? On google maps it is near parts if the Weiser SF, but searching the SF maps shows no tracts near the specific area I am talking about.

The couple-hundred feet or so that I saw was very roaring-creek-like. A little bit chunky, who knows what might have been around the next corner though...
    You better just go ahead and drop that seatpost down to the reflector... the trail gets pretty rough down there.

mtbr member
    Dec 2006
    there be trails in there probably multiple miles, lots of quad paths moto enduro trails, jeep trails, like Delano and Burma, highly doubt if it is mapped, you could ride for days get lost, did some exploring from Frackville mall down to 901 once but wasn't to promising for single track, good luck if you go

mtbr member
    I always thought that looked like a promising area as well. Fellow member and I have been having a blast exploring Delano and the trails that lie there off I81 and between 81 and Lofty Road. We plan to hit the other side of lofty road next time out up there as well. Really nice riding!

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    Too much stuff to say, but around Lofty lots of old railbeds and quad trails. You can go pretty far in that area in any direction. Mary D, Hazleton, Tamaqua, Brandonville, Weatherly.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    There is some county land in there, but also some private land. Not sure how far down you were, but if you past the clear cut coal operation, from there south to the next exit is all private land. Almost all above that back to 901 is township or county land. Schuylkill Parcel Locator can help you out with land ownership.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    There is 125 miles of Moto trail cut by Moto guys and used to race the Moto enduro held near Mary D.

mtbr member
    Dec 2010
    If you know the area it is epic,got to know well riding dirt bike for years there and a friend of mine has been cutting in new lines for years.the single track is to die for.

mtbr member
    Sep 2011
    Live in Mary D, I have been riding these trails for years now. As Nepmtba stated above, there are tons of trails to ride. I do not know if I know 125miles of them but from Mary-D to Tamaqua and Locust Lake, Fire tower and anything in between Adam and myself rode it. If anyone is interested in riding we usually do 7 to 10 miles during the week and weekends we have a 17 to 20 mile loop that we mock as the Mary D Standard.
    The Moto guys made life easy for us building singletrack, all we have to do is find them and usually clean them up after winter knocks all the trees down.
    Ron
    gt500mod@yahoo.com