mtbr member
    May 2008

Trails near "Hawley" or "Lackawaxen" PA

Help please, Going to this area for a week in late December. Want to ride some trails will travel. Thanks ahead for any info.

mtbr member
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by jts140 View Post
    Help please, Going to this area for a week in late December. Want to ride some trails will travel. Thanks ahead for any info.
    I worked in that area for many years & don`t know of any real trail systems,other then some fire trails on state game lands & powerline trails, maybe some quad trail & you would really need to know the area to put something together I don`t even know of anyone around there that even rides on a regular basis maybe someone will chime in on that You could travel east on RT 390 to Promised land State park lots of trails there & they have maps , some trails are off limits to mtbikes or travel west past Honesdale Rt 6 west to ( I call them my trails ) at Prompton State park ,as of 11-25-12 all trails are clear of down trees & leafs You can get a map online , just google Prompton state park & lots of info will come up Sorry but by late Dec I hope there is snow on the ground hope this helps KP

mtbr member
    May 2008
    thanks just found Prompton online. if weather holds out will try it. looks to be a 45 minute ride from Lackawaxen.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    Prompton is your best bet definitely. I wasn't impressed much with the legal trails at Promised Land. The Lackawaxen river has great trout fishing and decent smallmouth fishing if you're into that.