mtbr member

Trails near harrisburg???

I just graduated from IUP in May and know the trails out there; alas I am now in harrisburg and not very familiar with the area. Any information is greatly appreciated!

my church is the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by SCHPEEDYFSR
    I just graduated from IUP in May and know the trails out there; alas I am now in harrisburg and not very familiar with the area. Any information is greatly appreciated!

well, not much as far as trails IN harrisburg, except for a few short stunt trails off the greenbelt. BUT, there is excellent riding within an hour drive in just about every direction.

Rattling Creek to the north, Mt. Gretna and Camp Mack to the east, Swatara to the north-east, Rocky Ridge to the south, Michaux state forest to the south-west. SAMBA is one of the local clubs, and trail info is available there.

Attending the Rattling Creek BASH next month is a great way to learn the trail system there, as well as just a damn fun time. Along with that, doing the Michaux race series is a chance to learn some of the trails out there.

mtbr member

greatly appreciated

Thanks for the information...I actually had a friend refer me to the RCST bike bash and I intend to be there. I will be sure to check out SAMBA. Thanks again!

Keep on Rockin...

Rattlling Creek...

Incredible riding.

Also, a great new trail system is developing north of Harrisburg outside of Mt. Carmel, near the Roaring Creek water shed. Probably about an hour drive from north Harrisburg.

Mike

mtbr member

Gold Mine?

Been away from PA for 10 years but the GM trails were good as I recall

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by schneidw
    Been away from PA for 10 years but the GM trails were good as I recall

Gold mine trails??

mtbr member
    Aug 2005
    Thanks for the info. I was going to post a, "Where to ride near Harrisburg" thread as well, but no need for that now. Thanks!

mtbr member
    Aug 2006

Thanks

Looking to visit some trails in the upcoming weekends as it hopefully gets cooler. Thanks for all the info! Does anyone know if the trail in new cumberland that is over in the reviewed trails section is still rideable?

mtbr member
    May 2007
    Also check out William H Kain county park just south of York. 21 miles of mostly singletrack around Lake Williams and Lake Redman right off I83.

Rat Fink
    Also Rocky Ridge in York.

Contact York Area Mountain Bike Assn for more info on Rocky Ridge and Wm Kain parks: http://www.yamba.org/
    Raspberries, nature's poison ivy bait. (Formerly, 'Stops to eat the raspberries.')

Bicycle repairman
    Conewago nature trail is nice. It runs from Elizabethtown to someplace in Mt. Gretna or Lebanon. You can pick up the beginning of the trail on RT. 230 between E-town and Middletown.
    Too many bikes!

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    Unfortunately for you, most of your trails require a drive. Not fun during the winter when time is of the essence.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

There's always here...

http://www.nepmtba.piczo.com

mtbr member
    Much thanks to everyone posting on here...FYI this are some great trails, and easy to get to from Harrisburg (coming from rt. 443/fishing creek: 30-40 mins depending on traffic).
    http://home.epix.net/~rebjsw/RCSTWeb/index.html

Now broadcasting from CO

Good job! If your up for a bit of a drive...

Michaux SF and all it's amazingness would probably be a little over an hour away for you, depending on where in H-burg you are and traffic. The Mountain Bikers of Michaux (local club) usually ride there Sunday mornings @ 9:00. The trails are sweet, and it is a must if you are in the south central PA area...
    Brought to you by rocks.