mtbr member
    Sep 2009

Cool-blue Rhythm Trails in Central PA

I live in Lebanon and I know a few places like Blue Marsh, Mt. Gretna, and Camp Mack. I absolutley love Swatara State Park due to the fact that I ride a hardtail and the singletrack is very smoothe and quick. Can anyone tell me some good trails in my area?

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Welcome:

Great first post.

Looks like you found your local stuff, if you expand a bit you'll find lot's to ride.

We're north a bit in the Wilkes Barre area, and have many, many miles of trails and different areas to ride. Moon Lake, Frances Slocum, Seven Tubs... and more A bit closer to you is Jim Thorpe, Tamaqua, Burma.

Stop up for a ride or two
    See ya on the trail

my church is the woods
    Quote Originally Posted by TylerC
    I live in Lebanon and I know a few places like Blue Marsh, Mt. Gretna, and Camp Mack. I absolutley love Swatara State Park due to the fact that I ride a hardtail and the singletrack is very smoothe and quick. Can anyone tell me some good trails in my area?

Hi Tyler, have you checked out SAMBA yet? It's the local club for the Lebanon and surrounding area. There is trail, trail work, and membership info on the website.

You've already found the local legal trails with Swatara, Gretna, Mack and BM. There is also some legal riding on State Game Lands on the horseshoe trail (yellow blazes) that connects Gretna and Mack and beyond.
    Beyond those places you have to drive an hour from Lebanon. Northwest is Rattling Creek, Southwest is Rocky Ridge in York, or east to Mt. Penn and French Creek SP in Reading.

an hour and a half drive, you've really got a lot of options:
    Jim Thorpe
    Michaux
    White Clay/ MR in Deleware
    FairHill in MD
    Wissahickon in Philly
    Blue Mtn. Ski area for DH
    and more.\\

mtbr member
    Sep 2009
    Thanks, moonraker. That website was very helpful. I'd love to check out Jim Thorpe and I've heard about White Clay, but seeing as I'm a senior in high school, I really do not have the time with all my homework and college applications.