mtbr member

Trails around Mansfield?

I will be going to college at mansfield university in the fall and i am wondering if there are any good mountain biking trails up that way. If anyone knows about any or has any info at all please let me know. Thanks

mtbr member
    Aug 2006
    my buddy rides out there, and goes to mansfield as well. I'll ask him whats up. I've been out there once, trails were LOOOOONG mostly wide single with some technical spots.

Killer of Chains
    Feb 2004
    what are you going for?

Mansfield is a great school if your a bit of a isolationist and like the wide open. Not nearly as bad some schools out west, but as far as PA is concerned, there is nothing around Mansfield.

I was very interested in their Regional Planning/Geography program.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintPeelinPbody
    what are you going for?

Mansfield is a great school if your a bit of a isolationist and like the wide open. Not nearly as bad some schools out west, but as far as PA is concerned, there is nothing around Mansfield.

I was very interested in their Regional Planning/Geography program.

Yeah mansfield is aweomse and my family owns a farm up that way and I'm really into hunting so thats a big plus. I'm going for criminal justice and maybe minoring in science education.......It is aweosme up there though.

mtbr member
    Sep 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tybrackman84
    I will be going to college at mansfield university in the fall and i am wondering if there are any good mountain biking trails up that way. If anyone knows about any or has any info at all please let me know. Thanks
    Alot of people have answered you with "it's awesome" blah blah blah.........we vacation alot in that area. We stay in nearby Wellsboro. Not sure where you are coming from, but as one person pointed out, it is very isolated. There is great biking in the Tioga State forest west of Wellsboro off of Route 6. You can get alot of good information at the ski and bike shop on Main Street in Wellsboro (can't remember the exact name but it's the only shop in town). There is also the Pine Creek Gorge Rail Trail that goes for miles along the Pine Creek Gorge which is known as the Pennsylvania Grand Canyon.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Caution;  Merge;  Workers Ahead!

Travel to Wellsboro, stop by Country Ski and Sport bike shop. Get a map! Then go from the town on RT 6 west to the town of Asaph about 10 miles out of town. Hang a right on the road to the fish culture station. This is where the Laurel Classic MTB Race starts every September. You can park there on the left and head up Straight Run road. Excellent course and it's 22 miles of climbing and descending.

Great Place!

Attached Images Attached Images