Mountain Bike Reviews Forum banner

trails in and around armstron county

783 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  BushwackerinPA 
#1 ·
I am semi new to biking and am looking for trail near the crooked creek lake area, withing say 40 miles. I know about the rails to trails and roaring run and boyce park. but I would like some a little more of the beaten path and some new ones to ride. I have heard of some decent ones in natrona heights but dont know where they are. I am willing to ride anything so I will take any and all trails.

#2 ·
not sure if u know but roaring run isnt just rails to trails. there is fantastic and well marked rocky single track out there. you park at the rail trail lot and follow the rail trail about 1.5 miles to the first bridge u c on the rail trail. mak a left into the grassy area and youll c two trailheads. go to the one farther up the hill. there are signs marking the trails and if u are at the wrong one the sign will tell you to use the other trail. this is because of some drops and things that if you run the loop backwards they cant be cleared

#3 ·
Harrison Hills is the park in Natrona Heights and if you get there by 11:00 am today there is group ride with knowledgable leader.

directions from route 28.

to #15 go right, pass BP station on your right,
to stop light at T ,turn right (Freeport rd.)toward Natrona Heights,
about 3/4 mile turn into park entrance on left,
@ Y stay left down hill to 1st lot on left,
Right-Right-Left-left from 28,

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.