mtbr member
    Feb 2008

trail conditions for Salisbury

What are the trails like in Salisbury... thinking of coming down on sunday 2-15 with the GF. don't want to waste a trip if its to sloppy.
    Thanks in advance

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by mt.Pulaski
    What are the trails like in Salisbury... thinking of coming down on sunday 2-15 with the GF. don't want to waste a trip if its to sloppy.
    Thanks in advance
    Haven't been to Sals lately, but it's discussed here: http://www.bikevmb.com/?q=forum/6

Here's someone's quote from yesterday: "Took a walk at Sal's today - down the Yellow, Red & Orange. Pretty muddy with tons of debris down from the high winds. Branches, large ones all over the place. I cleared some of it but there are several that might need to be cut or moved by a couple of people. I didn't go any farther down the Lower Red than the interchange with the Orange so there is likely much more to be cleared."

I was at Mt. Penn this morning, and the conditions were superb. We had high winds here as well, but somehow it didn't impact the trails much.

mtbr member
    Sep 2005
    If you get there before the trails thaw you'll be okay, otherwise you'll be leaving ruts. There was a lot of frozen moisture in the ground early this morning (Sat.). It wouldn't take long to go from frozen to mud pit, Sals does not dry out very quick.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Thanks for the info people, made other plans, I'll wait till I know i can get a good ride in.

mtbr member
    Anybody have an update for conditions. I will be in the area for work and will bring my bike on Wed 2/18. Thanks in advance...
    bike = good

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    rode there on 2/15/09 (yellow and red). it wasn’t too bad for the beginning of the ride - most of the ground was still frozen or dry, with a few spots with mud. but on the way out the ground was a lot softer, so I would try to go in the morning.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Spago- when did you learn how to use the internet ?!?

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by dankilling
    Spago- when did you learn how to use the internet ?!?
    Rumor has it, he might get a cell phone soon to

-matt

mtbr member
    Oct 2007
    Dude, that last pic is classic...