mtbr member

Trail conditions near philly

hi all, i will be staying in south jersey (haddonfield) and don't know the area and want to ride - have never riddenin the area but would go to wissahickon based on the trail reviews but are the trails there rideable now or should i try somewhere else and if so where is close? thanks

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    i want to go riding at the wiss tomorrow. 60 degrees and sunny! but the trails are completely covered in leaves and it rained last night. lots of craggy stuff covered in slick leaves = kinda sketchy. it's a shame. unless there's someone out there who says otherwise??

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by wiss-rider
    i want to go riding at the wiss tomorrow. 60 degrees and sunny! but the trails are completely covered in leaves and it rained last night. lots of craggy stuff covered in slick leaves = kinda sketchy. it's a shame. unless there's someone out there who says otherwise??
    Don't let a couple of leaves ruin a perfect riding day. I was at wis last weekend and it wasn't too bad, sure some sections look completely different than before because of the rain but most of it is very rideable. There is enough traffic at wiss that the leaves usually go away quicker. I'm heading to French Creek tomorrow morning.

Freshly Fujified

Beautiful day to ride

I was out today checking out Evansburg and the trail had some mud, but nothing too bad. Gorgeous but a little colder than tomorrow will be. I agree with wilhelm, don't let the leaves stop you, it should be a beautiful day to ride.

Clyde.
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery

mtbr member
    Sep 2004
    How is Evansburg? I just checked the trail reviews, its close to my house and I've never been there. Would it be hard to find the trails if I go there now for the first time? Tried Spring Mtn 2 weeks ago and it was hard to find the trails with all the leaves.

Freshly Fujified

I liked it

It's not quite as technical as VF. Not nearly as many logs, but that works for me. Lots of roots and rocks, and some pretty big hills. Trail is very easy to find and follow, as it's marked in places, and the leaves were no factor in being able to follow it. I plan on going again T-day weekend. Let me know if you're up for going.

Clyde
    'If Wal-Mart sold parachutes, who would jump?' Frank Havnoonian (quoting his father) Drexel Hill Cyclery