mtbr member

tour de strongland apollo

gonna sign up to compete in my first mountain bike race at this years event. a couple of questions. this is my first attempt at a race. im debating as to wether to enter the beginner class(3 mile) or the intermediate(11 miles) class. im leaning toward intermediate cause i ride there often but am not sure. not looking to win, but i dont want to be in a class thats too easy or one thats over my head. 3 miles seems like a very short ride, maybe a half hour? also, as i am familiar with the trails, any idea what the course is usually like. is it just the blue loop past the rail trail bridge or does it include the trails off to the left of the rail trail in the older area? any input would be fantastic

Mmmm Rocks Good
    Feb 2005
    Do the intermediate, your knowledge of the area will be pretty helpful. They typically run the blue loop since all the other stuff you mentioned is not on their property. Have fun!

mtbr member
    thanks, i usually do intermediate rides w porc so i figured i could finish without being way behind everyone. i just don't want to be smoked and embarrassed