Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! Tour De Dave/Gary

Thanks to Dave & Gary for hosting a Great Ride.

We started at Dave's place rode to Gary Place, then the convoy began. Dave had a route planned for the first part of the Ride. Lot's of Steep Mountain climbing, followed by Super Fast Downhills! We were educated by Dave's knowledge of editable foods in the woods. We sampled: Peppermint, Anise, Sassafras, and a plant of the Rose family that has a Vitamin C quality. Every time we stopped Dr John was asking "nothing here to eat" Then he would motor off and fly up the steepest of climbs, then waiting for us at the top. Gary, Rich, and myself would find rock piles to do little Trials riding on! As we made our way back to the top of the Mountain, Gary took the lead and led us on his trails. Starting out with a Flat-out Downhill complete with Water bar Jumps at Full Speed. We got to Air it Out! Followed by more Fantastic Single track, with Tricky turns, Log overs and Rock sections. We switchbacked our way back to the top of this Second Mountain. All in All it was a Super Ride that had a bit of every Terrain you could imagine. Thanks Dave & Gary...

Same pics... plus More at: http://pic5.piczo.com/nepmtba/?g=46556053&cr=5

Last edited by NEPMTBA; 11-11-2007 at 05:28 PM.

mtbr member

Great Ride

Thanks for the great pictures and the great afternoon riding. Looking forward to geting out soon for some more miles. More dirt, more hills and less rocks?

John

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job! A few more Pics

Here's more from a Great Ride!

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by docjohn
    Thanks for the great pictures and the great afternoon riding. Looking forward to geting out soon for some more miles. More dirt, more hills and less rocks?

John
    Were there ROCKS? I think I saw 2 maybe 3!...LOL!
    Hey, you forgot to mention more "Dave's Super Power Nature Berries"...LOL!

Nice rid'in Dr John!

mtbr member

Looks like some nice terrain............

Like the shots of the split rocks and the mini aquaduct with you guys riding through and on the shoulder. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

We did a ride with a group of 10....definetely a few more than I expected. Went to take a few pictures and battery died on camera. About 2/3 of the way into the ride...I broke my derail....rigged up a SingleSpeed with DJ's help...then promptly flattened my rear tire...a pinch I guess. The ss didn't work so well with the full suspension. In fact the chain got so tight that I could barely pedal. Re rigged it 2 times. In the end 6 time Ironman champ Dave S. pulled me back on road using a old tube as the tow line. Prior to the mechanicals it was a great ride. Ride On!
    There are two paths you can go by but in the long run........

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by JeffSkisMontana
    Like the shots of the split rocks and the mini aquaduct with you guys riding through and on the shoulder. Thanks for sharing the pictures!

We did a ride with a group of 10....definetely a few more than I expected. Went to take a few pictures and battery died on camera. About 2/3 of the way into the ride...I broke my derail....rigged up a SingleSpeed with DJ's help...then promptly flattened my rear tire...a pinch I guess. The ss didn't work so well with the full suspension. In fact the chain got so tight that I could barely pedal. Re rigged it 2 times. In the end 6 time Ironman champ Dave S. pulled me back on road using a old tube as the tow line. Prior to the mechanicals it was a great ride. Ride On!
    Wow Jeff:

I'm glad you all were Rock'in on the the other Mountain! Wish you had less mechanicals, just be gald you had 8 time Iron Man Guy with you... I hear he trains by having Tug O War challenges with Old Mules in his spare time. I'm sure Map Guy was with you else this post would have contained the text: "right after the derailer broke we got lost"...LOL

Oh ya what size was the Tube?

So you buy'in a Single Speed now?..LOL!

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005

What a blast

Tour de Dave was definetly a great time!! Weather was so beautiful! Ride on!

BIKE!!
    Nov 2005

more pics

Here are a couple of pics with the photographer himself in them! haha
    Attached Images Attached Images