Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Toaday's Ride

my church is the woods
    my observation on this thread....you'll reap what you sow there steve. and you are walking on thin ice in that you are riding that generation of Klein which is probably one of the last remaining framesets that hasn't suddenly unexpectedly snapped in two pieces.

And to post up pics of yourself making ruts in the singletrack while you're at it (making yourself a target) maybe next you can throw up some pics of yourself riding in a deer outfit during hunting season, that would be kuhl!

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I don't think riding in that muck is fun. Whats with the Hebo pants are you a skilled trails ride. The point others are trying to make is you are selfish to ride on those trails and not worry about the trail damage you are doing. Karma is a *****. You ride in mud and post on here to ruffle everyone's feathers. Douchebag

mtbr member
    Jan 2007
    I can't believe 3000 people viewed this thread!

wot no bike?
    It's like watching a trainwreck.
    pete

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by pahearn
    I don't think anyone here gives a crap about whether or not you respect one's rights to an opinion, the problem Steve is that you have ZERO respect for the environment as you arrogantly display in your photos, let alone the view others have of mountain bikers. People like you are the people that get us banned and despised by other user groups. And when you're called-on for your selfish self-centered behavior, you start name calling? All of your low class antics on the trail or online never cease to amaze.
    Well put. I agree 100%.

TheGoat
    Why would one really want to riding in 2 feet of water or 6 inches of mud? I am not opposed to getting dirty but when it is that wet it makes the whole ride not enjoyably as well as it just tears up the single track that many people and organizations have spent hours making it nice an clean for many riders to enjoy. I am really glad I don't ride near where this guy decides it is cool to go tear up the trails because he wants to get a ride in. Respect other riders that use the same trails as you do.

mtbr member
    Hard to believe someone would post pictures of themself tearing up trails on this site and brag about it..Seriously what did he expect everyone to say?

Life is Good
    Joe, everyone has an opinion, sure, but that's all you get. From the start of this thread your "opinion" has gone from condemning ECS...

Quote Originally Posted by joedirt24
    That looks like fun Give the trails a day or two to dry out. It has nothing to do with being PC it has everthing to do with having a brain.
    ... to agreeing with him...

Where do you ride man? That looks like a nice place.
    ...then back to condemning him, this time complete with personal attacks and punctuated with "douchebag".

I don't think riding in that muck is fun. Whats with the Hebo pants are you a skilled trails ride. The point others are trying to make is you are selfish to ride on those trails and not worry about the trail damage you are doing. Karma is a *****. You ride in mud and post on here to ruffle everyone's feathers. Douchebag
    Instead of jumping on whatever bandwagon the general populace of posters is doing, stick with your own ideas and opinions.

As far as ECS riding in muddy conditions, I can't say I agree with it. I also can't say that I haven't ridden in conditions where I shouldn't have been riding, and I also can't say I still didn't have fun doing so. I can't say that he's a "douchebag" for doing it, as personally, I don't know ECS and I don't think an internet forum is enough grounds to pass that judgment.
    Get a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live. ~Mark Twain

mtbr member
    Note to self: When you are riding and you see the toolbox on the Klein retro Attitude bike, put him into the next tree or ditch (motocross style) and laugh and keep riding, maybe taking a look back to see the carnage as you blaze...

Hope to catch you on the trail Steve...
    bike = good

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve
    Onegeargood,

Look, I started this thread with the intent that others would post (add pics) of their "Today's Ride" and we could all get a taste of riding locations across the state.

The reason why no one else posted any pics is because they didnt want you to ruin their favorite trails

mtbr member

+1

Chances of nailing the wrong guy on the Klein w/ flaming paint - 0.
    (I'd wager quite a bit that is the only one going in PA...maybe the eastcoast.)

Chance to see toolbag crash and burn - priceless.

The only thing that tops that is getting a pic to post here.

DM - kudos for the work you do re: the Wiss. I do hope you see him first.

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Do us all a favor STEVE and drop the East Coast from your name....your giving this whole side of the country a bad name.

mtbr member
    steve, you're the man. everyone is jealous of your intensity of riding. i mean, come on here people! riding is about riding. yall want to sit around and write about riding while steve is out there doing it. so what, he put a rut in the track. i mean, i dont think thats a good thing but ****, ill tell you what, i go to blue marsh and i see horses leaving ruts up and down the single track out there. after a few rains, it will all even itself up. i dont think everyone should attack this guy.

to the person that was talking (s***) about his bike. i mean look at his bikes. this guy just shows yall that you dont need some $400 front suspension on your bike to go out and ride. its hard for me to even come to this site anymore because so many of you ***** about the most ridiculous things. sure someone could come back and say that they care about it more than i do but i mean COMEE ON ALREADY. lighten up. relax. smoke it up, smoke it out and smoke it back up!
    cas im diggin a ditch where madness gives a bit.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by antgrave
    steve, you're the man. everyone is jealous of your intensity of riding. i mean, come on here people! riding is about riding.
    This is about having places to ride, respecting the work people do to create and protect trails.

As far as intense riding? I don't see it, unless riding axle deep down a stream is your idea of intense.

to the person that was talking (s***) about his bike. i mean look at his bikes. this guy just shows yall that you dont need some $400 front suspension on your bike to go out and ride.
    I don't know if you're referring to my line about the paint job, but you're missing the point. I wasn't ripping the bike, just pointing out he's an easy target to spot.

its hard for me to even come to this site anymore because so many of you ***** about the most ridiculous things. sure someone could come back and say that they care about it more than i do but i mean COMEE ON ALREADY. lighten up. relax. smoke it up, smoke it out and smoke it back up!
    Don't. You won't be missed. Go back to your bong.

Jerry is dead...let it go.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by reformed roadie

Don't. You won't be missed. Go back to your bong.

Jerry is dead...let it go
    +100

The Crazy Cat Lady of VRC
    Haven't added to this thread in a while...too much negativity, but I was out today and wanted to share, so love me or hate me...a few pics:

Steve
    Last edited by eastcoaststeve; 06-08-2009 at 12:46 PM.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by eastcoaststeve
    Any one else out today? Glad it finally stopped raining and I got a chance to got out and play in the puddles...

Steve
    Did you find your hubs and BB waterlogged?

mtbr member

He's alive!

[QUOTE=eastcoaststeve]Haven't added to this thread in a while...too much negativity, but I was out today and wanted to share, so love me or hate me...a few pics:

[QUOTE]

Am I seeing things, or is he riding a Softride Breezer w/o the Softride Beam? I don't even know what to say...

wow

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I like this thread... he's just about "rid'in"

Keep'em com'in!

A few random shots for NEPMTBA and anyone else who enjoys a simple ride and the smile it adds to their day:

Steve

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    so steve has a big old collection of cool old bikes and rides them in deep mud.

i really like the old bikes!

mtbr member
    This whole thread is kind of a bizzare flame fest between the trail Nazis and the don't-tell-me-what-to-do crowd. Haven't we all learned by now, extremism on either side is bad. Everything in moderation, including moderation - amigos. This is the NE, if you wait for pristinely dry trail conditions, you'll spend more time on the couch than your bike; but if you ride when it is a ****-storm out there or off piste in sensitive areas, your not doing any favors to the biking community. So use your head, have fun, and put a little time into trail work to make up for your "sins" of riding a couple hours after it rained.

One other thing - the exibitionism Eastcoaststeve demonstrates aside- who takes the pics and with what equipment? They are pretty clear and freeze him mid wheelie drop pretty nice.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

mtbr member
    Feb 2008
    Yeah its been so wet that I've not been out much. I am going to be in the Blue Marsh area tomorrow afternoon and unless its a frikkin deluge I'm going to ride. If I find the trails to be soup and rocks then I'll cut it down a bit, but dammit I want to ride!!!!!!!

I've got more miles on my couch this year than anywhere else. The pic link I posted earlier in this thread is from 1 year ago.

Been pretty busy lately, so it felt good to get out in the woods for a while today.

Pictures aren't all that great, but the ride was fantastic

shakedown run for my "newest" hardtail build:

Anyone else out in the cold today?

Steve

mtbr member
    props to you, too cold for me
    Look to where the river ends, or where the river starts...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast