mtbr member
    May 2004

Smile tires for 7 springs

i will be going to collegiate mtb nationals for downhill and x country at 7 springs and am looking for tire suggestions. any help would be great.

mtbr member
    Michy Comp 16 2.5 for DHill = Good in the mud and also hooks up on the rocks.

Rider of Bikes
    The last time I went to 7 Springs, I threw on some Maxxis Swampthings. They were great in the mud, and handled well on the rocks. I've also ridden these tires frequently at Laurel Mountain which is similar terrain.
    [SIZE="5"]dirtyharrys.net[/SIZE]
    http://dirtyharrys.net

Harrumph
    Sweet, I was about to ask the locals for some info too. What's the terrain like, specifically what can be expected in the DH/DS courses. How "hard-tailable" are the courses? Sounds like Mud is a good possibility? Any info might help prevent my premature death in a few days. Hovercraft, who are you riding for? I'll be making the drive from North Dakota, a long ass way for one or two races.....So I'm gonna do them all
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    May 2004

actually asking for my wife

Quote Originally Posted by G-reg
    Sweet, I was about to ask the locals for some info too. What's the terrain like, specifically what can be expected in the DH/DS courses. How "hard-tailable" are the courses? Sounds like Mud is a good possibility? Any info might help prevent my premature death in a few days. Hovercraft, who are you riding for? I'll be making the drive from North Dakota, a long ass way for one or two races.....So I'm gonna do them all
    I am actually asking for my wife, she never has time to post and as I do all the wrk on her bikes I thought I would try to set them up.. She rides for the university of Colorado. Wow thats a long ride good luck at the races!