mtbr member
    May 2004

Smile tires for 7 springs

i will be going to collegiate mtb nationals for downhill and x country at 7 springs and am looking for tire suggestions. any help would be great.

mtbr member
    Michy Comp 16 2.5 for DHill = Good in the mud and also hooks up on the rocks.

Rider of Bikes
    The last time I went to 7 Springs, I threw on some Maxxis Swampthings. They were great in the mud, and handled well on the rocks. I've also ridden these tires frequently at Laurel Mountain which is similar terrain.
    dirtyharrys.net
    http://dirtyharrys.net

Harrumph
    Sweet, I was about to ask the locals for some info too. What's the terrain like, specifically what can be expected in the DH/DS courses. How "hard-tailable" are the courses? Sounds like Mud is a good possibility? Any info might help prevent my premature death in a few days. Hovercraft, who are you riding for? I'll be making the drive from North Dakota, a long ass way for one or two races.....So I'm gonna do them all
    Slowly slipping to retrogrouchyness

mtbr member
    May 2004

actually asking for my wife

Quote Originally Posted by G-reg
    Sweet, I was about to ask the locals for some info too. What's the terrain like, specifically what can be expected in the DH/DS courses. How "hard-tailable" are the courses? Sounds like Mud is a good possibility? Any info might help prevent my premature death in a few days. Hovercraft, who are you riding for? I'll be making the drive from North Dakota, a long ass way for one or two races.....So I'm gonna do them all
    I am actually asking for my wife, she never has time to post and as I do all the wrk on her bikes I thought I would try to set them up.. She rides for the university of Colorado. Wow thats a long ride good luck at the races!