mtbr member
    Mar 2008

tired of riding by myself

Looking for people to ride with near carlisle.They say you dont get better unless you ride with people better than you and riding by myself isnt helping.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

Hit your LBS and ask! People there are buying bikes to ride so.........

mtbr member
    i live in the mechanicsburg area and frequently make the drive to michaux in the summer. in a good week i can maybe get 3 decent rides in down there. this time of year (november-march) i mostly ride the york county trails b/c they have a phone line to let you know the trail conditions and i don't like to ride the state forest during hunting season. lately i haven't been riding too much (who has with all this rain), but hoping to start hitting the trails pretty regular again once everything dries out some. if you want to really challenge yourself you can probably hook up the mountain bikers of michaux group. i think they do thursday evening and sunday morning group rides. its a great way to learn/find some of michaux's great unmarked trails.
    The wheel of Ka turns and the World moves on.

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    i ride up at michaux every friday and sunday(try to anyway) i allways see people, but at their cars and not on the trails. does the mountain bikers of michaux have a website or anything.
    And is their maps of the trails at michaux?

mtbr member
    I live in carlisle and ride at michaux alot.send me a pm with your email ,
    maybe we can ride this sunday.

mtbr member
    not really a website, more of a blog for mountain bikers of michaux activities. notes where upcoming rides are located and upcoming events. address is:
    http://the-skinny-on-mbm.blogspot.com/

if you want to find some other trails, check out the michaux endurance race website. download some of the maps for trails not shown on park maps. that address is:
    http://www.racemichaux.com/

for pine grove furnace atv trails and the big flat/flat rock shared use trail maps stop at the park headquarters right before rt. 233 crosses the appalachian trail. a lot of trails are not mapped, especially those north of 233 between michaux and woodrow road. at least i don't know of any trail maps anywhere.

i am also hoping to get down there for some riding in the near future. give me a heads up if you ride there in the near future. i usually ride on tuesday/thursday afternoons and then either saturday or sunday morning.

jim
    The wheel of Ka turns and the World moves on.

mtbr member
    Mountain Bikers of Michaux is having their first Thursday night ride of the year this week, starting at 5PM from the Mont Alto SP parking lot and continuing every Thursday through the fall from the same location. The Sunday ride moves around, so keep an eye on the blog. This Sunday's ride is from Caledonia and will start at Caledonia. Thursday rides are typically 1.5 to 2 hours long and Sunday rides 3-4 hours. If you can't ride that long there are usually bail-out points along the route.

Morgan
    MBM VP

mtbr member
    Mar 2008
    I'm in Hagerstown, MD here. Carlisle is about 45 minutes away. i can usually hit the mont alto exit in about 20 minutes. how far is michaux from 81? i never heard of the place til i lurked on these forums (not originally from this area).

i'm definitely looking for some people to ride with so hit me up. unfortunately i cant make the 5pm thursday rides since i dont get out of work til 5. i'm down for weekends tho.

mtbr member
    The Mont Alto ride start is about 12 miles off of exit 10 of I-81. You can also come up Rt. 997 through Waynesboro. See below.

The Caledonia ride start is at the intersection of Rt. 30 and Rt. 233 east of Chambersburg.
    Attached Images Attached Images