mtbr member
    May 2006

tips 4 hillman state park

just found out (after 5 years )that my in-laws live about 3 miles from hillman just over the state line in the mighty metropolis of weirton WV.looking for some tips on best place to enter/best loops/etc. thanks,NBB
    Attached Images Attached Images

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Tips for Hillman/Bavington

1st tip, Nomad is way overkill. (but sweet by the way) But it will work. There is nothing technical at all there, just tons of rolling single track.

I live right next to the gamelands and ride there often. The dryest loops there are typically the front side loops. Coming from the west on Stuebeville pike. Make a left at the Knowlton building. There is a turn in parking area on the left about 1/4 mile down the gravel road. That take you to a section they call mortal Kombat after the 90's video game. Be careful, because you can get a little lost on those loops. If you keep going on the gravel, you will see some road side parking another 1/4 mile down the road. from there make a right up the logging road and you will find some fun single track.

PM me and I will describe further. I ride there most weekdays and will happily give you a tour. There is tons more, but the approach is a little difficult to describe. And also, watch out for hunters...
    Last edited by Christian A; 04-16-2007 at 12:30 PM.