mtbr member

This Thursnight, Ride Hubbard with us!

As some of you may be familiar with Hubbard, it's one of the last times we'll be able to ride all the trails we're familiar with. Unfortunately, PPL is putting the Roseland powerline to Jersey over about half the trails we built. Singletrack, the Easter bridge, the log skinny, the Wooden Cross, the boardwalk and Thunderbolt will be diminished. These are all trails that make Hubbard what it is. BYOB for post ride and bring a chair. We'll have a grill too, so some burgers hot dogs or sausage is a good idea too. Let me know if you can make it. Ttyl, Fahn

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    Tempting tempting ... not sure i'm in yet, but what time, 6pm?

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

Ths Thursnight, ride hubbard with us

Never ridden there. What time ride leaving? How do I get there? Would be coming from Hazleton?

mtbr member
    We'll be riding in a bunch of different groups. Some of us casual riders will be riding @ 5. Some at 5:30 and the lare workers will be riding @6. Late Dan will prolly start his ride @ 7:45. Ttyl, Fahn

Wizard of the Trail
    Sucks to see those trails go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    There is no charge for awesomeness......or attractiveness.

Good rep does not wash out the bad, nor the bad the good.

mtbr member
    This will be FKNA Awesome tonight! We have accounted for 32 ppl so far. That's not includi g Jay DeJesus or the Lehigh Valley guys. 3lbs of rigatoni w/the famous "Hubbard sauce". Ed's bringing the grill so we will be grilling hamburgers, hot dogs, kielbasa, and sausage. Kevin has the salad and condiments for the burgers. Mary and Joe have dessert. Christian has mini pork sandwiches for an appetizer. BYOB and chairs Boy's, it's gonna be a long night! Ttyl, Fahn

Wizard of the Trail
    No post ride report?

mtbr member
    When I get a chance. 40+ riders!

Wizard of the Trail
    Awesome!

mtbr member
    There were 40+ riders up Hubbard last Thursnight for the ride and post-PARTY!. We know the powerline is going to take out a section of trails and wanted to ride it before they were gone. I posted it on our Facebook page and got a reply from DeJesus that he'd be coming and would try to round up some of the Lehigh Boys. By the time Thursday got here, we rounded up about 42 riders. This year has been about 15-20 per ride and it seems since The Barn closed, a lot of riders got into other sports or hobbies. I guess I motivated a bunch of people! Scott, Laura, Nicki,Ed, Dylan and Alaina are just a few who haven't been riding that much. Ed and Nicki said this was their third ride of the year! We went out in several different groups and different times as needed. But as always, you run into different groups on the trails. I ended my ride with Jeff and Eric at 7. We got back to the cars and fired up the grills. I made 3lbs of "Hubbard rigatoni". Ed brought the grill, Brian brought the fire wood, Ginny and Joe brought Bratwurst and sausage, Mary had the donuts and wine, Joe Gray had the hot dogs, burgers and desert, Chris brought Mini NY strip steak sandwiches, and everyone else brought along forks, spoons, knives, plates, chips, and of course, BEER!
    What made this ride great was to see the people that had given up the Thursday Night Ride since the Barn closed. Some of the riders said that this motivated them and they were psyked about it all week. Some Hubbardites like Scott and Laura haven't been out all year! We ate and drank around the fire on a perfect night till 10 at night. The guys called me up to give a speech, so I thanked everyone for coming out. I couldn't believe how thrilled everyone was to be there. I had a lot say that they will be back now for good and plan on sticking around for the Thursday nights now. It just goes to show that although the Barn was the clubhouse, we don't need it to be organized and have a great time.

Hubbard is BACK!
    Ttyl, Fahn

Wizard of the Trail
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryFahn View Post
    There were 40+ riders up Hubbard last Thursnight for the ride and post-PARTY!. We know the powerline is going to take out a section of trails and wanted to ride it before they were gone. I posted it on our Facebook page and got a reply from DeJesus that he'd be coming and would try to round up some of the Lehigh Boys. By the time Thursday got here, we rounded up about 42 riders. This year has been about 15-20 per ride and it seems since The Barn closed, a lot of riders got into other sports or hobbies. I guess I motivated a bunch of people! Scott, Laura, Nicki,Ed, Dylan and Alaina are just a few who haven't been riding that much. Ed and Nicki said this was their third ride of the year! We went out in several different groups and different times as needed. But as always, you run into different groups on the trails. I ended my ride with Jeff and Eric at 7. We got back to the cars and fired up the grills. I made 3lbs of "Hubbard rigatoni". Ed brought the grill, Brian brought the fire wood, Ginny and Joe brought Bratwurst and sausage, Mary had the donuts and wine, Joe Gray had the hot dogs, burgers and desert, Chris brought Mini NY strip steak sandwiches, and everyone else brought along forks, spoons, knives, plates, chips, and of course, BEER!
    What made this ride great was to see the people that had given up the Thursday Night Ride since the Barn closed. Some of the riders said that this motivated them and they were psyked about it all week. Some Hubbardites like Scott and Laura haven't been out all year! We ate and drank around the fire on a perfect night till 10 at night. The guys called me up to give a speech, so I thanked everyone for coming out. I couldn't believe how thrilled everyone was to be there. I had a lot say that they will be back now for good and plan on sticking around for the Thursday nights now. It just goes to show that although the Barn was the clubhouse, we don't need it to be organized and have a great time.

Hubbard is BACK!
    Ttyl, Fahn
    Awesome news. I thought no one was riding there anymore. It's good to see you got people motivated to get out for a ride. Great post.

mtbr member
    Mtnbiker64, sorry I missed your post. Come up this week. I'm not sure we'll be throwing such a party this week, but come up anyways. Take 81n to exit 191a. At the 8th traffic light make a left on 347. Go about a mile and just after the cemetery (on your left) you'll bear off to the right on Green Grove rd. Go up for about a mile and there's a road off to your right. If you see the winery or the driving range, you went too far. Meet up top. Some ride @5 others 6. I'm usually @5. Ttyl, Fahn
    Last edited by LarryFahn; 09-19-2012 at 02:11 PM.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    See u at 5 usually ride the moon with the gf but we r on a break after 3 years together. Skipping the moon tonight. Going to ride American standard. Probably end jn the dark. C u tomorrow. Thanks

mtbr member
    Nov 2004

thus thursnight, ride hubbard with us

Thanks to Rob, Gus, Dan and the riders at Hubbard. Sorry I forgot some of the others names. Nice set of trails. Enjoyed the sampling of what you got. Too bad you are going to lose some of it. Gonna try to get up Thursday again. Work out of the area so won't get there till around six. See you out on the trail somewhere.

Wizard of the Trail
    Great bunch of guys there at Hubbard. I have done trail work with Rob at Merli and prompton. Very dedicated.