Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mtbr member

Swatara Ride, August 25

Thinking about riding Swatara on August 25. It would be an early ride, feet in pedals at 7am. out of pedals by 10:30-11 am. As of now it's me and my brother in law celebrating our 30th birthdays. Doing an early mountain bike ride, then some other afternoon activities. Would anyone be interested in joining us? All are welcome. It would be pretty cool to get a few bikers out for the morning! Plus I've only ridden swatara once, but from what I understand, it's pretty easy to navigate!

mtbr member
    anybody? we can start at 8. I'll bring donuts.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Wish I could join you but I have drill this weekend. Happy Birthday. Have a good ride. Every time I ride there we just make all rights or all lefts, you'll hit every trail.

Ride da mOOn Moderator

Good job!

I'm outta town that weekend...

...but the donuts almost lured me in, any way Happy Birthday and have a great ride!

Swatara is a super flow trip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    My wife and I might be hitting Swatara on Sat. also. I don't know how early we can get there as we need to drop the kids off with the in-laws. I am hoping to be out there by 9 though. If you see a Red and Green Scott bike that is us.

i moto too
    Dec 2008
    that would be too early for me (and i'd probably slow you down more than what you'd like especially since you have plans for after the ride) but the trails are set up really nice and samba has a map on their site (Swatara Park Maps) which should make it even easier to find your way. i typically make all rights until the D trail (i do that one clockwise) then when i get done with D i go back to all rights again.

mtbr member
    Nov 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by redheadrider View Post
    . i typically make all rights until the D trail (i do that one clockwise) then when i get done with D i go back to all rights again.
    Agreed Trail D is much more fun going clockwise.

mtbr member
    Quote Originally Posted by PA trailrider View Post
    My wife and I might be hitting Swatara on Sat. also. I don't know how early we can get there as we need to drop the kids off with the in-laws. I am hoping to be out there by 9 though. If you see a Red and Green Scott bike that is us.
    I'm sure we will see you up there. We need to hit the road by 11 am to get back in time for later festivities. And as far as being slow....we'll have a newbie with us so that wouldn't be a problem. Waiting at every intersection! Love to get some fresh meat out on the trails though!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

fish
    Feb 2011
    Swatara is one of my favorite trails...I will see what our riding plans are for saturday and lwt you kniw. I think 8 is a better time for us.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Looks like my wife and I will be riding Swatara on Saturday too. We won't be there as early as you, but I ride a bright orange Spearfish and she rides a tan Kona. Silver Subaru Forester in the parking lot.

Hope to see some of you guys there.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    This will be my first ride this year, as I had back surgery a few months back. We have never rode at Swatara either, so it will be new for us. My wife is also pretty new to mountain biking.

Ride da mOOn Moderator
    PA Trailrider;

Glad your healthy and enjoying the trails.

Swatara is very friendly except for the occasional logover, but you can build momentum and carry speed to then next uphill, and don't get me wrong there are only a few hills that are climbs most are linked to downhills so you roll right along.

Enjoy...

mtbr member
    Sounds like we may have a few riders. We will be there ready to ride around 8. I will have to remember donuts! We will be driving a Chevy avalanche and riding a specialized 29er, cannonade and an old free specialized full squish, but not that squishy.

mtbr member
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PA trailrider View Post
    This will be my first ride this year, as I had back surgery a few months back. We have never rode at Swatara either, so it will be new for us. My wife is also pretty new to mountain biking.
    You going early too? My wife would love another girl to ride with... if you don't mind we might plan on going early too...

mtbr member
    The more the merrier. I like to ride fast, at least I think it's fast anyway. But others in my group may not be. Two of the guys just started this year. Ive only got two years under my rubber. Plenty of intersections for the trailblazers to stop at and wait up! We will be there at about 8 am.

fish
    Feb 2011
    Mtbike64 and I and Mnbill and Palaurie are planning to ride around 1100 if anyone wants to join our group.

fish
    Feb 2011
    Great ride at Swatara...we did ovr 10 miles....ran into kuhlcat, darryl and a few others on out on the trails...trails were awesome....Live Love Ride!!!!!

fish
    Feb 2011
    Mt biker64 and Mnbill gave some hands on instrycruon on how to get over some big logs...Pa laurie and I have lots to work on....thanks guys

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Me and my wife, and pointerdixie and his wife were there from 9:00 till 11:30ish. The parking lot was full when we left, Was a busy day there today. Was a nice day for a ride and we enjoyed it. I think we did 6-7 miles, pointerdixie will have to confirm that.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Sounds like everyone hasd a great time. I did 19.3 miles at Rattling Creek today, and passed one guy from the Pocono area. Maybe I should have jumped ovber the mountain at hit Swatty up, oh well!!

mtbr member
    Saw many riders today, maybe some of you! Great riding up there. Did all 10 miles and even rode that one log on the right right before trail D. Made it about 3/4 of the way across and rode off of it.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathangeiman View Post
    Saw many riders today, maybe some of you! Great riding up there. Did all 10 miles and even rode that one log on the right right before trail D. Made it about 3/4 of the way across and rode off of it.

A guy riding with us Wednesday night thought he could stick a 29er in between those logs. He is a newb, and the result was kind of funny, except for the fact that he was on a borrowed bike and broke the seat on the crash. Got a good laugh out of it, then after it was all done, he asked us how we did it...told him, "walked acrossed it"!!!

mtbr member
    We may not be talking about the same log. This is just one big log you ride on not over along the right of the trail.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jonathangeiman View Post
    We may not be talking about the same log. This is just one big log you ride on not over along the right of the trail.

Did one of the guys in your group have the Penn State jersey on? If so we saw your guys when you were going onto Trail D. We were sitting where you start Trail D.

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    This log crossing is shaped like a big H. May be towards the end of loop A1.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast