mtbr member
    Jan 2002

Listen! Susquehanna county trails...?

I'm headed up to a buddies cabin this weekend, which is outside of Montrose, Pa and i would love to get some rides in while i'm up there. I know theres a bike shop in New Milford so im guessing theres some decent riding around. Any trail directions, locations, or other tips would be great. Thanks a lot,

-J

^ The Trail Starts Here ^

Good job!

Quote Originally Posted by hiss2
    I'm headed up to a buddies cabin this weekend, which is outside of Montrose, Pa and i would love to get some rides in while i'm up there. I know theres a bike shop in New Milford so im guessing theres some decent riding around. Any trail directions, locations, or other tips would be great. Thanks a lot,

-J
    You could contact Steve at New Milford. or try http://www.hubbardbicycleclub.com

They can give you help with Merli, Lackawanna and Prompton. These are the closest riding ares to you that I know of other than private land. You might want to head up to Chenango Vally SP in New York, near Binghamton.

Lastly here is our website http://www.nepmtba.piczo.com We are near Wilkes Barre, too far to travel in this case, but if you live near, you can check it out sometime.
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com

mtbr member

Salt Springs???

I'm not positive but biking might be allowed at Salt Springs State Park which is only about 6 miles from Montrose. I've never ridden there but it is listed on New Milford Bike's website. I agree with Lee, check with Steve at the shop.

mtbr member
    Jan 2002
    thanks for the info guys! I probably will stop in NM and talk to the guys at the shop and go from there..

mtbr member
    Jan 2002

recommendation ?

Out of the ones you mentioned: Merli, Lackawanna and Prompton, and Chenango Vally SP, which one or ones would you recommend first. Im a good climber w/ pretty decent tech skills, looking for a fast fun trail to spend a portiion of a day on. Ill be riding a 5" travel moto-lite. Thanks again!

-J

^ The Trail Starts Here ^
    Quote Originally Posted by hiss2
    Out of the ones you mentioned: Merli, Lackawanna and Prompton, and Chenango Vally SP, which one or ones would you recommend first. Im a good climber w/ pretty decent tech skills, looking for a fast fun trail to spend a portiion of a day on. Ill be riding a 5" travel moto-lite. Thanks again!

-J
    M[SIZE="2"]erli is rocky and technical, Prompton is really nice single track and technical, same for Chenago, Lackawanna has lot's of trail but is not as technical as the others. All are great!

The expert on these trails is Larry Fahn. You might want to PM him.
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=3] Proformance Cycle[/SIZE]
    proformance58@cs.com