W.M.A.

sunday or monday ride - SE PA

anyone riding tomorrow or monday?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    I wanna get out both days if possible. My bike is at Loweriders though, Im not sure if its done yet. I have to call them tomorrow.

W.M.A.
    if you get it today - im up for a ride this evening and tomorrow - let me know...

call me if you want six ten 960 fifty-two sixty-three

pain don't hurt
    I dunno where you guys are, but I'll be up at Swarthmore College riding, prolly around 3ish

No Gansta Lean here.
    Feb 2004

Since you mentioned Loweriders...

Quote Originally Posted by BShow
    I wanna get out both days if possible. My bike is at Loweriders though, Im not sure if its done yet. I have to call them tomorrow.

Do you ride the D'town Trestle Bridge trails much? If so, have you been on them lately? If not, have you heard what is the status of the Twp. purchase, etc. of them?
    Used to live local. Now just slightly out of the area. Haven't been down there in a while.

Thanks!
    EWR-HE-148-11-4-97
    Microbeer's Better!

W.M.A.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster
    Do you ride the D'town Trestle Bridge trails much? If so, have you been on them lately? If not, have you heard what is the status of the Twp. purchase, etc. of them?
    Used to live local. Now just slightly out of the area. Haven't been down there in a while.

Thanks!

ive not been over there yet - but everyone still rides them... as far as i know township owns the land and they are working on something to make it "legal" to ride...

we are starting group rides out of loweriders on wednesday evenings and will be hitting those trails im sure... if youre ever close by and want to join.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowflag
    if you get it today - im up for a ride this evening and tomorrow - let me know...

call me if you want six ten 960 fifty-two sixty-three
    Sorry man, we just got back from Marsh Creek. I have to be at my brothers house for a last minute cookout at 6pm tonight so we made the decision to ride while we had time. I don't(didn't) have your number so I couldnt call.

If you havent been out there since all the rain, a lot of the downhills(and uphills) are extra gnarly, so be careful. There is very little mud.

Sandra and I are in for tomorrow, unless we are doing a day trip. If we go somewhere that will turn into a day trip it'll just be me.

We both should be at the wednesday night ride this week.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoaster

Thanks!

I havent been on those trails in a year or two. I have no idea of their status. As far as I know, they were never actually "legal" trails. I know people ride them all the time though.

W.M.A.
    im up for a trip to fairhill. i know you wanted to get there before race. ive never been so will be 1st for both of us.

i should be in for wednesday too - im headed out of town on thursday, not wednesday as i first though.

let me know about tomorrow - what time do you want to head out?

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Sandra and I are game for a fair hill trip, the earlier the better. We get up pretty early, so if you can do the morning, just give us a time that works for you. I'll check back on the forums later tonight. My number is six one zero-513-five two five one. I wont answer while im out here, i have no reception in E fallowfield.

Hoopy Frood

Status of the 322 Trails

None of the trails along 322 on the Sunoco property are legal and they never were. A group of locals is working to get East Bradford Township to permit biking on the property but it's a long process as usual.

Here's the latest update with a link to the meeting notes from May:

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/bvmtb/message/37

In summary: it looks like biking is being seriously considered but it will cost the township more to own/maintain the property and local users will need to organize and commit to maintaining the trails. Seems like everything is pending a usability and trails study.

Probably best to just stay out of there for now and not give the local mtb opponents any more ammunition..

BTW: You all suck. I have to work tomorrow. I'm hoping to get out on Wednesday, tho.
    I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. - Thomas Jefferson

W.M.A.
    meet at 9am work for you? South Campus parking lot again. i will call you

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    works for me.