life is a barrel o'fun

Stoopid is as Stoopid does

Many, many thanks to those who put together the Stoopid 50. We drove there from NYC on Sat. and rode to the 29-mile mark yesterday, which was expected since we hadn't trained for the whole shebang.

Route was well-marked, starting line wasn't LeMans-style and the course was Most impressive of all, was the support- very friendly and helpful volunteers, both the BF and I were really pleased with that. Even the bike shop in town unlocked the front door to help us with directions on Sat!

Hope to return and actually finish next year; but for now, we treated it as a training ride for other races. You guys sure are lucky to have that kind of terrain in your backyard.
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

mtbr member
    Christine you are so right...everyone involved really did do a great job...having all that food was incredible...the trails were awesome...how about that hike-a-bike??? whew!! Now I'd really like to see the pictures from all those people taking them...
    Ed

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    glad to hear that you had fun, too bad you were not able to finish up, you missed some of the best trails. But thats just something to look forward to next year.

life is a barrel o'fun
    I wrote about our experience at the local board www.climbonline.org under "Trail Talk."
    "We sat outside the dentist, tooting a horn on the guy's bike."-overheard in the Underground

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    heres a short write up on the Stoopid from Chris at Mtn touring along with a slide show of some pics
    http://www.mtntouring.com/mountain/h...2008-recap.htm

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by cableguy46
    Christine you are so right...everyone involved really did do a great job...having all that food was incredible...the trails were awesome...how about that hike-a-bike??? whew!! Now I'd really like to see the pictures from all those people taking them...
    Ed
    Jesus Ed, you're everywhere

See ya Sunday ?

Tim

mtbr member
    uh oh watch out...I lurk everywhere...I know..."get a job"...darn it...I plan on that today, so I'll have to do this at night only AFTER my nightly rides...look forward to seeing ya Tim...have a good week...
    Ed

PS Still looking for pictures from Stoopid...I saw those from your post nmb guy...but there was this guy on "The Boulder" with a pretty cool profesional set up, he got a good picture of me clearing it, just curious where we might find that...

Thanks,
    Ed

---
    Jan 2007
    Here's what my gps had to say about the day.

Sweet trails and a good course. Poor gearing choice on my part but still had a good time. Did a long write up on the blog (link below).
    lockring not included - mandatory blog link in the signature

life is a barrel o'fun
    Beautiful write-up!! You were one of the fixed weirdos? I wanted to ask if I could try the fixed mtb around the parking lot at the finish- am nuts about my track bike and fixed mtb is intriguing.

Prez NMBA
    Jul 2005
    heres a couple sites with lots of pics from the stoopid
    http://www.bobs-photogallery.com
    http://www.leahwasser.com/stoopid50_08/index.html