40 oz to freedom

Stolen Christini

Hey guys I was skating around west chester yesterday and something caught my eye. It was a bike on the back of a car with a custom made chain ring which was about 3 feet in diamater. I decided to take a look and upon further inspection and found it was a Christini. The bike was pretty trashed and looked like it was stolen and had been through hell. The rear suspension linkage was held together very loosley with hardware store nuts and bolts. I know Christini is based out of Philly so mabye this was a prototype but dressed up to look shitty so it wouldnt be stolen?

If you have had a Christini stolen post here, I took some pictures on my cell phone and I can text you the pictures, sorry I cant post them up here but my phone sucks ass and taking pics is a big step . I also have the liscense plate number of the car it was on.

Hopefully I am helping someone find thier stolen Christini.
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    well, i wholeheartedly agree with the good intentions of yours. but the smart a$$ in me has to say that maybe the real person got fed up with the uselessness of the christini's advantages during 99% of the riding and thus gave it away.

ok, so seriously, i do hope that if it was indeed stolen that someone gets it back due to your concerned efforts.

40 oz to freedom

While I agree with you on the uselessness of the AWD on the christini's I find it hard to belive that someone would give away a bike that was speced out that nicely. It had Shimano Deore LX drivetrain, Hayes Hydro Disc Brakes, Manitou Swinger 4 way rear shock, Sun SIngle Track Rear rim, Mavic 717 front rim, laced with what appered to be DT Swiss spokes, and Maxxis Hook Worm tires.

Yeah I have a good memory for useless sh*t
    Looking for a used DH/FR bike, have 1500 PM me with anything you've got

mtbr member
    Apr 2005

Stolen Christini

Vinny, you intentions are good but that bike belongs to Mike at Dr.Cycles in philadelphia. I drove past the shop not long ago and the bike was there. Actually, I'll give him a call just in case.
    Best, Rob

mtbr member

Really?

What does a stolen bike look like?

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny A
    Hey guys I was skating around west chester yesterday and something caught my eye. It was a bike on the back of a car with a custom made chain ring which was about 3 feet in diamater. I decided to take a look and upon further inspection and found it was a Christini. The bike was pretty trashed and looked like it was stolen and had been through hell. The rear suspension linkage was held together very loosley with hardware store nuts and bolts. I know Christini is based out of Philly so mabye this was a prototype but dressed up to look shitty so it wouldnt be stolen?

If you have had a Christini stolen post here, I took some pictures on my cell phone and I can text you the pictures, sorry I cant post them up here but my phone sucks ass and taking pics is a big step . I also have the liscense plate number of the car it was on.

Hopefully I am helping someone find thier stolen Christini.