mtbr member
    Jun 2007

State College help

I am dropping my kid off sunday for a football camp at penn state and might want to ride up that way on my way back. I prefer technical riding such as Michaux but may only have 2 to 3 hours to ride - any suggestions, maps, parking areas, etc. Thanks ahead of time for any info.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Check out the maps here http://www.mtnittanywheelworks.com/rides.html Either of the first 2 rides will give you terrain similar to Michaux, just get ready to climb a little more than at michaux. If you park at the Tussey Mountain parking lot there is almost always someone there either coming or going for a ride.

mtbr member
    Oct 2004
    there's more rides here, with more in depth writeups, or at least i think so.

http://www.nittanymba.net/content/blogcategory/39/163/

you can also check the forums on that site and see about meeting up with a local guide.

mtbr member
    Jun 2007

Nice ride - thanks

I just wanted to say thanks for the info and maps. I was able to ride a bit up at Tussey Mountain today. I enjoyed the ride - my body has another opinion. I also was able to get some valuable information from another rider at the parking lot before I started riding. Thank you to the rider up from DC.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Glad you had a good ride. My wife and I rode there on Saturday. The weather this weekend in State College was great for riding.

psu cycling
    Jun 2007
    You guys are making me very jealous. I got a job in Atlanta for the summer so I don't get to ride in State College til late August. There's riding down here but you don't get the beautiful rock gardens or technical climbs/downhills that beat up my body but I miss very much.

mtbr member
    May 2005
    sure is some great riding in the rothrock state forest area. glad you had fun. i have yet to start out at tussey and i live in the area. i may take one of those rides on the mt nittany wheel works site this weekend.