mtbr member
    Jul 2007

State College going to Denton Tomorrow

I think I am going to head up to Denton for some lift serviced downhill tomorrow (Labor Day). I have room for another person (and their bike) if anyone wants to tag along. I think I will be leaving State College at around 6:00 am. PM me if you are interested.

3 "fiddy" for short
    If I was home I would ride along with you, but I left today for work. Let us know what they have done since Denton said that they were working on new trails and features. I would love to see what was done so I can determine if I want to head up there or run down to 7 Springs to check out what they have to offer.

If you get hooked (maybe you already are) you need to do yourself a favor and go to Diablo. You will love it.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006
    Bandit,

Sending you a Private Message, missed you mid morning...

Denton

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Thanks Denton! I pushed my bike up a couple of times and was able to enjoy a couple runs This was my first time to Denton and I am pretty impressed, the trails were real soft and very flowy. I loved that trail under the lift, pretty steep and would be fun to really dial in! The double track with the berms was supper fun too. Great views from the top (maybe it was the hike up that made the rest at the top more enjoyable ) Great job over there, I will be up again not too long from now. Keep up the good work.

Uphill hater

Denton lifts?

Is Denton not running lifts? It's about 3 1/2 hours from Lehigh Valley, so don't want to really drive that far to push my bike. Sounds like the trails may be worth it though. Does anybody know both places to compare it to Diablo as far as technical difficulty?
    Why did Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?

My blog

mtbr member
    Jul 2007
    Denton IS running its lifts on Saturdays and Sundays. My problem was that I thought they were opened on Labor day and they weren't. I would recommend that you go up for a weekend. I will be up again.

Uphill hater
    Checked the web site, cool about the lifts. A pretty good deal on 2 for 1 specials coming up. Need to make a trip, I guess!

My blog

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by gunner1
    Is Denton not running lifts? It's about 3 1/2 hours from Lehigh Valley, so don't want to really drive that far to push my bike. Sounds like the trails may be worth it though. Does anybody know both places to compare it to Diablo as far as technical difficulty?
    Diablo wins hands down. That is not to say that Denton is not worth checking out as I had a good time there when I went. But, after riding Diablo a few times it is hard to drag me away. If you are looking for technical riding with a large variety of trails, wood obstacles, and perfectly formed jumps, then Diablo is the destination of choice.

That being said, I am looking for some pictures of Denton that show what was done when there was a gap in the schedule since I may be making a trip up there in October.

Uphill hater
    Yeah, after riding at Diablo, didn't really expect anything to come real close, from what I've heard. I'm a beginner at DH so maybe Denton would be a good run. I found some of the trails we rode at Diablo to be a little technical and i didn't bring myself to hit any of the big drops, so a less technical ride might be in order. Same with me on the pictures, would love to see them. My riding partner and I might be going up in October as well.

My blog