mtbr member
    Aug 2013

State College area riders.

Just moved to State College for work and wanted to start the thread for other people who want to ride. I am not very familiar with the trails around here so riding with others would be a plus.

mtbr member
    Apr 2013
    Take a look at the nittany mountain biking association face book page. NMBA should have a new web site up and running very soon.

mtbr member
    Jan 2004
    Welcome. State College has some great riding. Rothrock is the spot. Galbraith Gap and Coopers Gap trailheads. When you need a break from the technical rocky singletrack of Rothrock head down to Raystown outside of Hundington for some fast rolling trails.

Have some patience, riding season doesn't really kick off for another (4) months. Winter riding is possible - just depends on snowfall, temps, and if you enjoy winter riding.

NMBA and The Bicycle Shop (LBS) have weekly rides come riding season. Pick up a Purple Lizard brand trail map for Rothrock. It's a must have. Do some exploratory rides, and get in on some group rides to learn the preferred ride routes.

Don't hesitate to post up some ride requests once the frost comes out of the ground.

mtbr member
    Aug 2011
    State College guy here, also ride a Salsa EL mar. I work for PSU and I try to organize daily rides during my lunch hour. Typically ride at Scotia or the "Accuweather Trails".
    2012 Salsa El Mariachi
    2013 Salsa Vaya

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sven98 View Post
    State College guy here, also ride a Salsa EL mar. I work for PSU and I try to organize daily rides during my lunch hour. Typically ride at Scotia or the "Accuweather Trails".
    Awesome I work very close to the accu weather trail. I haven't ridden it though.

mtbr member
    My brother went to PSU, and he said Rothrock was a great place to ride, and technically was very tough. Riding over rocks for long periods of time. He loved it. One of these days, when I get in better shape, I'd like to go up there and try it out sometime!

mtbr member
    Sep 2013
    I'm 45 minutes west in the Altoona, PA area. There's some good trails down here. Currently working on some downhill courses (with consent from game commissioner) that run about 3 miles so far for the spring.

mtbr member
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by I like bicycles. View Post
    I'm 45 minutes west in the Altoona, PA area. There's some good trails down here. Currently working on some downhill courses (with consent from game commissioner) that run about 3 miles so far for the spring.
    awesome, Id like to ride that!

mtbr member
    May 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by I like bicycles. View Post
    I'm not too far from Altoona myself. Where are these new trails going in?