NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007

St. Peter's Village: Maps or GPS data?

Anybody have trail maps or GPS data of St. Peter's that they wouldn't mind sharing?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Hmm, that's what I thought. Anybody have a trail description or advice they can offer up?

mtbr member
    Aug 2005

good luck

It seems like St. Pete's (and the park across 23 from it, towards French Creek) sit squarely in the shadow of French Creek. I've ridden St. Pete's a handful of times and the "other one" once. St. Pete's always had some fun technical stuff, but not a whole lot of trails unless more have gone in. For me, since I was driving about 45 minutes to get there, it was almost always the better choice to go to FC.

If you explore, I don't think you'll get lost out there. I don't remember it being too big or confusing.

Nobody has any GPS data from here?

Jeremy

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    yeah, but I'm 12 minutes away from FC, so I've ridden it many times. Hoping to get a short ride in at SPV just for kicks...

mtbr member
    Pete's is a blast to ride. Not a big area as JST points out, but you can head west on the old railroad bed and hook up with huge tracts of gamelands. Around the village it's pretty much French-like tech single track, but out in the gamelands you'll find some nice powerline climbs/drops and fireroads. In between on either side of the railroad tracks you'll find some fun spots to thrash around.

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but you'll want to pick up Rt 23 to St. Peter's Rd in Elverson. Most folks start at the Village parking lot but I actually like to start at the railroad track crossing on Trythall Rd. If you head east you'll pick up the Pete's trails. If you head west from Trythall you'll make you're way out to the gamelands. Just Google Map Saint Peter's Village Elverson, PA.

btw - I just got a GPS for my bike, if I head out there this weekend I'll try to post the data
    Lance who?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by PAMTB'r
    btw - I just got a GPS for my bike, if I head out there this weekend I'll try to post the data
    Thanks, man. I know exactly how to get there, it's just the trails that I need some help with. I saw your motionbased link in the FC post, so I'll keep on eye out on your activities for a st. pete's track.

mtbr member

St Pete's follow up (pics and GPS info)

Well, I made it out there. An inch or two of crusted snow made it tough going. The first four miles of the ride are in the St Peter's trail network. I tried to do a loop on the North side of the tracks and a loop on the South side to give you an idea of the layout. The rest of the ride (west of Trythall Rd) is on the tracks out to the gamelands. Didn't actually do the gamelands, I'll try to get out that way when the weather improves.

here's the GPS link:

http://trail.motionbased.com/trail/activity/5037957

and some pics:

Lance who?

NEPMCPMBA President
    Jul 2007
    Thanks!