long standing member

Speedgoat/Pivot Cycles demo this weekend at Laurel Mountain

Anyone else going? I'll be up there on Sunday, I'm looking forward to trying out the Mach 429. I really liked the Racer X 29er that I rode last year at the Titus demo, I'm thinking that I'm going to like the seemingly less-race-oriented Pivot even more. Plus I haven't swung a leg over DW link bike yet, I'm definitely curious to see how they ride.

They'll be there on Saturday and Sunday from 12 to 5pm. It looks like Speedgoat took the "pre-registration" off their website, but it's possible to still catch a ride on one of the bikes, I'm sure. Pivot owner Chris Cocalis will be giving a talk from 3 to 4pm on both days on his bikes, frame design, etc., should be pretty cool.

I'm more of a dog person
    I wasn't impressed at all with the DW iron horse that i rented at Diablo last year Pat, but that bike had a lot of other problems as well, so maybe they contributed to my dislike of the bike. i did try to pay attention to the suspension action on that bike because it was my first ride on a DW link, but i honestly couldn't make heads or tails of any "benefits". maybe the Pivots are designed better than the IH though. lemme know your ride impressions afterwards.

3 "fiddy" for short
    Quote Originally Posted by unclekittykiller
    I wasn't impressed at all with the DW iron horse that i rented at Diablo last year Pat, but that bike had a lot of other problems as well, so maybe they contributed to my dislike of the bike. i did try to pay attention to the suspension action on that bike because it was my first ride on a DW link, but i honestly couldn't make heads or tails of any "benefits". maybe the Pivots are designed better than the IH though. lemme know your ride impressions afterwards.
    You feeling any better yet?? I was out riding today and got busted up pretty good. I look like I wrecked a freakin' motorcycle or something.

I'm more of a dog person
    aw man, what happened? any real damage or just cuts and bruises?
    i seem to be doing a little better now, it still hurts like a beotch when i sneeze or cough though. it still hurts alot in the morning but seems to get alot better as the day goes on (especially after alot of painkillers). i'm gonna try and do a ride this weekend and see how i feel. i'm sure i'll be good to go by next weekend for some more Diablo action. I'm going up next Fri. the 25th with a noob if you guys wanna join. Not sure if you guys can get off work that day (except you Nate) but it'd be cool to ride with you guys again.

Nice no rass
    5 of us rode out there Sunday morning. We passed 2 other riders all morning, although we were done by 12:45 and parked at the Picnic area, so may have missed most of the demo crowd on the other end. We were through there long before the demo started.

How was the turn out and better yet, how were the Pivots? The Mach 5 looks interesting.

Great morning of riding, but damn, was it muggy!

long standing member
    Quote Originally Posted by Too Rass Goat
    5 of us rode out there Sunday morning. We passed 2 other riders all morning, although we were done by 12:45 and parked at the Picnic area, so may have missed most of the demo crowd on the other end. We were through there long before the demo started.

How was the turn out and better yet, how were the Pivots? The Mach 5 looks interesting.

Great morning of riding, but damn, was it muggy!
    The turnout seemed OK, we showed up at 2:00pm and there was a wait for the medium 429. Check out my ride report here.

mtbr member
    Jun 2006

Great Demo

My wife and I rode there all day Saturday. She demoed both the 4 and the 5. I rode a medium 5 all day. We had a great rdie with Speedgoat Chris. The bikes are sweet. absolutely ZERO pedal bob. Probably the nicest bike I have ever ridden. Wife is putting a 4 on order.

Speedgoat is a great operation, and Laurel is simply the best riding around. Great day.

Nice no rass
    (COUGH)bikewhores(COUGH)