mtbr member
    Nov 2011

Southern PA friends

Hey everyone was looking for some info on the trails in southern PA if anyone can help me out with some trail conditions as of this week. Not really any place imparticular. I'm from NEPA and looking to possibly take a trip this Saturday. Any info would be appreciated!!!!

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    I may try Marsh Creek tonight but I have a feeling it will be too muddy. There's a 60% chance of rain tomorrow, if by some miracle that doesn't happen maybe this weekend the trails will be OK. My guess is that it will remain muddy for at least a couple more weeks as the ground thaws but it doesn't get warm enough to dry out.

mtbr member
    Nov 2004
    You could try Mt Penn by Reading. Trails are mostly singletrack and drain fairly well since they are tecnically on a mountain. We've been going there the last 4-5 weekends and the riding has been great. Swatara might be another place to try.
    LOVE THE RIDE!

mtbr member
    Apr 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by Flowy View Post
    I may try Marsh Creek tonight but I have a feeling it will be too muddy.
    marsh creek stays muddy longer than any place i know. that place won't dry out till may at this rate.

looking at the weather most places are probably gonna be crappy this weekend with rain predicted between now and then plus near or below freezing temps overnight. i'd second the mt. penn recommendation. or if your headed down by philly cross the bridge and head to the pinebarrens in nj.

mtbr member
    Feb 2004
    Made an attempt to ride Salisbury trails in Bethlehem- ended up riding the gravel paths to/from the trails, rolling a single trail, and then exiting because it was sloppy. Looks like it will be that way all week based on the weather.

mtbr member
    Jul 2012
    any good dh trails (Not parks) in southern pa besides reading?

mtbr member
    Dec 2011
    Went to marsh creek this afternoon and the only rideable trail was a new section south of the dam. Seems like a pretty cool addition over there, similar to sawmill with much steeper sections than most of what you see at MC. I mostly stuck to the gravel roads just to get some exercise as the trails were the consistency of a milkshake.

mtbr member
    Oct 2009
    Gretna is a muddy mess right now, especially trail 13...
    Brickerville muddy near the bottom, not too bad everywhere else, except for a few remote spots.
    French Creek Trails are also in pretty bad shape right now, especially at Scott's Run Lake
    2013 C-Dale Scalpel
    2013 Scott Genius 930