mtbr member
    Jul 2010

Southern hatred?

I grew up in PA. As far as where I am from, we never even talked about the south. Some may say that the southerners are slower mentally which is not always true.

I moved down to Georgia and noticed that a lot of southerners do not like "yankees". They always have something to say about the north and they are SOOOOOOOO proud to be southern.

Why is this?

mtbr member
    civil war
    Pugsley, Bullit

mtbr member
    Nov 2010
    I would call it bad parenting! If your stupid it shouldn't have anything to do with where your from! Just like all you damn Full Sus, 27 speeders! Hatin' on us Hardtail Single Speeders! Lmao...

mtbr member
    Cultural - I did alot of work in AR, MS and Bama, which is the deep South. I worked with professionals: lawyers, engineers, manufacturing execs. The say things like they're kidding about the northerners, but they aren't really. They have a serious chip on their shoulder/inferiority thing that we think they are all redneck racist hicks. The best line from them was "the northern cities are more segregated than the south," which is more economic segregation than based on racist inclinations.

All that "Southern manors" stuff is BS, its cover, they are nice to your face but then curse you out as you walk away. At least up here most people are just nasty to your face, so you know where you stand.

Funny but most of the blue collar guys I dealt with were more straight forward and open minded on many issues than the professional crowd.

But its like anywhere else, I met some good people that I'm still friends with and others that you want to check for your watch after you shake their hand.
    Buy the ticket, take the ride. -HST

Spring! Spring! Spring!
    It's not right, but it's real, and sincere, that there are still note only huge issues that stem all the way back to "the wah of noathern agression" and beyond, well into racial problems.

I'm not saying the NE states don't have their race problems, it just seems to me like the some of the southern states still revel in them, in areas.

I say this, having some dear DEAR relatives that are very "southern" and coming from a family that is really, TRULY, infested with southern attitude - the manners that justriding bespoke of, and the passive-aggression that comes with it.

*sigh*

It's all part and parcel of why I don't celebrate any holidays after Halloween and before St Patrick's Day with my family. I choose to not participate in the insanity that happens.

At least until the "previous" generation dies off, then maybe I'll give it another shot.