mtbr member

South Mountain Cycles

I moved to the Allentown town area last year and had south mountain cycles recommended to me by a couple people. After a couple of experiences with the staff there i can't say enough good about them. The prices are very fair they are super knowledgeable and quick to help. I have not purchased a bike feom them but on 2 occasions they have done a quick thing for free and offered to let me borrow a tool to take home. It is probably the best service I have received any where for anything. If you find yourself in the area and need to hit up a shop you couldn't do any better than south mountain cycles. When i eventually break down and buy a new frame i will order through them.

mtbr member
    I've never been since the new ownership, I live 5 minutes away but I'm super loyal to another local shop, but yeah, we are lucky in the Lehigh Valley. Excluding Performance we have a LOT of independent shops to choose from, and amongst them there are some fantastic shops. Good place to live and be a cyclist.
    '15 Specialized Fatboy
    '14 Kona Zone Two
    '13 Surly Big Dummy

mtbr member
    I've never been in there but that's good to know! I only let 1 guy at 1 shop work on my stuff and I do most of my own work. Like Jared said there's a few places with some good people working there in our area.
    14 Banshee Paradox
    13 Banshee Rune
    T1 barcode

mtbr member
    I miss those shops up there. Between SMC and Saucon Valley in Hellertown. Such a well developed mountain bike community.
    '93 Giant Sedona ATX custom
    '93 Giant Sedona AtX aero-edition
    '73 Schwinn Suburban
    '95 Fuji Suncrest

mtbr member
    Great to know! I'm further south and also have a different loyalty. Still, awesome to know that there are good people operating good shops and people supporting them.

mtbr member
    i just picked my all city nature boy from SMC last week.

can't say enough great things about everyone over there. they are all such great people.

living in the the valley all my life, i haven't had one bad experience with any of the bike shops here. SMC, Cutters, Saucon Valley all great businesses in the community.